Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: burning Solaris 8 images
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers burning Solaris 8 images Post 3007 by fuji250 on Saturday 16th of June 2001 09:01:33 AM
Old 06-16-2001
burning Solaris 8 images

this is probably going to sound really stupid...but how do i burn the Solaris 8 images i got off of Sun's servers? i know youre supposed to burn them in Nero/EasyCD/whatever, but Nero gives me some bullshit about it being an "unrecognized format" and EasyCD wants to burn it as an audio file. do i just add the suffix ".iso" to each file and then try?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Burning

Hi, I've been tring to find a burning program for Solaris 7. I haven't had to much luck on this so far. What is a program I can use for burning on solaris 7? Thx in advanced. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
3 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Burning ISO of Solaris 9

Hello, This is my first time setting up a Unix system, and I'm very excited to do so, but I'm run into some problems from the get go! I downloaded Solaris 9 (I specifically need this version of Unix, as I'm gunning for a better position in my company), and got a bz2 compressed image. I intend... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skeet23
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create ghost images of a Solaris system?

Please excuse me if I asked some stupid questions. I know this has been asked and answered, but I didn't get the answer I need yet. How do I create a ghost image of a Solaris system? And if I can do so, how do I restore it? The purpose is (just like in Windows) to restore a clean system when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: correro
3 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris 8 images

I need a set of CD's for solaris 8 , but for THE PC. if someone could direct where to either download them or share them with me, that would be great. I need to repair a system here for legacy purposes. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Burning Solaris 9 Installation ISOs to bootable CDs

Hi everyone, Im new to Solaris and am just about to install Solaris 9 on an old Sparc based machine with Solaris 8. My friend gave me the ISOs for V9, and now, i have them sitting on my Vista, and i have to start writing bootable CDs of the same. But Im not quite sure how to go about doing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: agummad
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 8 02/04 CD images

Hi all friends of the Forum, i want to ask you if someone would be so kind to provide me the links for Solaris 8 02/04 CD images.. (I can't find them in the Net, maybe my google-fu is weak) (Also i don't have an Oracle Solaris support contract so i can't download them from their site) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk2soldier
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to find/sort/move images/duplicate images from USB drive

Ultimately, I'm looking to create a script that allows me to plug in a usb drive with lots of jpegs on it & copy them over to a folder on my hard drive. So in the process of copying I am looking to hash check them, record dupes to a file, copy only 1 of the identical files (if it doesn't exsist... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JonaQuinn
1 Replies
BRASERO(1)						      General Commands Manual							BRASERO(1)

NAME
brasero - Simple and easy to use CD/DVD burning application for the GNOME Desktop SYNOPSIS
brasero [options] [uri] [uri] ... DESCRIPTION
Brasero is an easy-to-use application for burning CD-R/Ws and DVD-R/Ws. With Brasero you can create data, audio, or video CDs, DVDs, and SVCDs. You can copy existing disks, use image files, or create new projects. Brasero includes tools such as a media previewer, integrity checker and a cover creator. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: Help Options: -h, --help Show help options --help-all Show all help options Application Options: -p, --project=PROJECT Open the specified project -l, --playlist=PLAYLIST Open the specified playlist as an audio project --device=DEVICE PATH Set the drive to be used for burning --image-file Create an image file instead of burning -a, --audio Open an audio project adding the URIs given on the command line -d, --data Open a data project adding the URIs given on the command line -c, --copy=PATH TO DEVICE Copy a disc -j, --cover=PATH TO COVER Cover to use -o, --video Open a video project adding the URIs given on the command line -i, --image=PATH TO IMAGE URI of an image file to burn (autodetected) -e, --empty Force Brasero to display the project selection page -b, --blank=PATH TO DEVICE Open the blank disc dialog -k, --check=PATH TO DEVICE Open the check disc dialog -n, --ncb Burn the contents of the burn:// URI --immediately Start burning immediately --no-existing-session Don't connect to an already-running instance -r, --burn-and-remove-project=PATH Burn the specified project and remove it (mainly useful for integration with other applications) -x, --transient-for The XID of the parent window --display=DISPLAY X display to use Debugging Options: --brasero-media-debug Display debug messages for Brasero media library -g, --brasero-burn-debug Display debug messages for Brasero burn library BUGS
Please report any brasero bugs you find to https://bugzilla.gnome.org. AUTHOR
Brasero's manual page was written by Jeremy Bicha <jeremy@bicha.net>. GNOME
April 2011 BRASERO(1)