Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: creating jfs
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers creating jfs Post 30067 by kburrows on Wednesday 16th of October 2002 09:40:59 AM
Old 10-16-2002
creating jfs

Need help,

I have read the docs but need some better understanding.

Can someone explain the reasons behind setting the values for
fragement size, i-node and allocation group size?

Thanks,

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

jfs (jfs2) for AIX versus Veritas

Hi there, Can anyone tell me the advantages that jfs has over Veritas (if any)?? Cheers. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich
5 Replies

2. AIX

Can not extend a JFS file system

Hi, I am getting an error message when i try to increase the size of a filesystems under AIX 4.3.3: chfs: 0506-932 Can not extend a JFS file system with nbpi = 4096 and frag = 4096 past 134217728 (512 byte blocks). -> Characteristics Journaled File System ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Can
4 Replies

3. AIX

JFS and JFS2

hi all, can sumbody give me a link which gives the basic layout of JFS, JFS2 and the veritas file system. and i also want to know about the data structures used in this filsystem thanx in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anwerreyaz
0 Replies

4. AIX

160G SAN FS on JFS

Hi All, I can't create a FS from a SAN VG with size of 160G on JFS (NOT JFS2, requirement with application) with large file enabled. It only let me create 64G in maximum size. The actual size of SAN VG is also 160G, the FS can be smaller than 160G because of the inode allocation. Please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with creating challenging bash script with creating directories

Hi, Can someone help me with creating a bash shell script. I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must create n directories in the current directory with names like map_1, map_2 etcetera. Each directory must be contained within its predecessor. So... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
7 Replies

6. AIX

Cannot grow jfs file system on AIX 5.2

Hello all, I'm trying to grow a file system by 500MB using SMIT on AIX 5.2 but I receive this error: "0516-404 allocp: This system cannot fulfill the allocation request. There are not enough free partitions or not enough physical volumes to keep strictness and satisfy allocation requests.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: need2bageek
3 Replies

7. AIX

Jfs and jfs2

Hi all, Can anyone define the difference between jfs and jfs2 filesystem as well as usage of jfs log files.... Thanks.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumathi.k
7 Replies

8. AIX

Help with jfs

how to change the filesystem from jfs to jfs2 in ibm aix6.1 please tell me command for that. thank you, paandu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paandur
2 Replies
NUMACTL(8)						   Linux Administrator's Manual 						NUMACTL(8)

NAME
numastat - Print statistics about NUMA memory allocation SYNOPSIS
numastat DESCRIPTION
numastat displays NUMA allocations statistics from the kernel memory allocator. Each process has NUMA policies that specifies on which node pages are allocated. See set_mempolicy(2) or numactl(8) on details of the available policies. The numastat counters keep track on what nodes memory is finally allocated. The counters are separated for each node. Each count event is the allocation of a page of memory. numa_hit is the number of allocations where an allocation was intended for that node and succeeded there. numa_miss shows how often an allocation was intended for this node, but ended up on another node due to low memory. numa_foreign is the number of allocations that were intended for another node, but ended up on this node. Each numa_foreign event has a numa_miss on another node. interleave_hit is the number of interleave policy allocations that were intended for a specific node and succeeded there. local_node is incremented when a process running on the node allocated memory on the same node. other_node is incremented when a process running on another node allocated memory on that node. SEE ALSO
numactl(8) set_mempolicy(2) numa(3) NOTES
numastat output is only available on NUMA systems. numastat assumes the output terminal has a width of 80 characters and tries to format the output accordingly. EXAMPLES
watch -n1 numastat watch -n1 --differences=accumulative numastat FILES
/sys/devices/system/node/node*/numastat BUGS
The output formatting on machines with a large number of nodes could be improved. SuSE Labs Nov 2004 NUMACTL(8)