Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris8(intel)
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Solaris8(intel) Post 3002 by Optimus_P on Friday 15th of June 2001 09:37:48 AM
Old 06-15-2001
do a df -k and list that output.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

downloaded solaris8

i have downloaded 3 zipped solaris ver 8 07/01 installation cd and i want to ask this question: 1. what will i do to burn it? do i need to extract the file and then burn it? what? Note: Those zipped files have only one file each and it has more than 100mb plus. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rodelu
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A problme about solaris8

Hello,I have a problme when log on Solaris 8 ,screen show"DT information system do not startup".what's this.how to do it? thankx. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yeliu
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about grep on solaris8

there is -r switch for grep in linux, but in solaris 8, I found it doesn't support it. But I really need this function to rescue my sub-directories, so anybody can help me?thanks!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cooldown
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Segmentation fault in solaris8

hi, I am running solaris8 under E220R. While adding the user system show the following error message. How can i overcome this error?. anyone plz help me. bash-2.03# passwd raja New Password: Re-enter new Password: Segmentation Fault Thanks muthu (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: muthulingaraja
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris8

What is the max file system that I can create. Is the max 2TB? I trying to connect a iscsi device and Solaris can only see 999 GB. Do I have to change sector size? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmcguinn71
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Help for add disk on solaris8

Hi, boss i have a question about the system add the new disk. I add 6 disks in Sunfire 880, i want to put these 6 disks in to service but i do not want re-install the system, some guys can give me some advie on this case? thanks very much the follow is detail 0. c1t0d0 <SUN72G cyl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: surainbow
3 Replies

7. Solaris

netsnmp on solaris8 sparc

hello, I installed netsnmp 5.6 on solaris 8 (sparc). now I want to have cpu, memory and disk used, for this when i execute: snmpwalk -v1 -c public localhost memory it displays me: End of mib please tel me how to do, to have this information (cpu, memory and disk used). thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamou23
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.profile in solaris8

question: why is that when I created a user under solaris8, i got two lines before the login.. sample: login as: user1 user1@1.1.1.1's password: Last login: Fri Feb 25 17:00:52 2011 from 12.0.0.5 Sun Microsystems Inc. SunOS 5.8 Generic February 2000 Sun Microsystems Inc. SunOS... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
0 Replies

9. Solaris

wxWidgets on Solaris8

hello, i am trying to compile wxWidgets on a Solaris8 box, but get this message: checking for XML_ParserCreate in -lexpat... yes checking for mspack.h... no checking for X... no configure: error: X11 not found, please use --x-includes and/or --x-libraries options (see config.log for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Norman Khine
0 Replies
LSNS(8) 						       System Administration							   LSNS(8)

NAME
lsns - list namespaces SYNOPSIS
lsns [options] [namespace] DESCRIPTION
lsns lists information about all the currently accessible namespaces or about the given namespace. The namespace identifier is an inode number. The default output is subject to change. So whenever possible, you should avoid using default outputs in your scripts. Always explicitly define expected columns by using the --output option together with a columns list in environments where a stable output is required. Note that lsns reads information directly from the /proc filesystem and for non-root users it may return incomplete information. The cur- rent /proc filesystem may be unshared and affected by a PID namespace (see unshare --mount-proc for more details). lsns is not able to see persistent namespaces without processes where the namespace instance is held by a bind mount to /proc/pid/ns/type. OPTIONS
-J, --json Use JSON output format. -l, --list Use list output format. -n, --noheadings Do not print a header line. -o, --output list Specify which output columns to print. Use --help to get a list of all supported columns. The default list of columns may be extended if list is specified in the format +list (e.g. lsns -o +PATH). -p, --task pid Display only the namespaces held by the process with this pid. -r, --raw Use the raw output format. -t, --type type Display the specified type of namespaces only. The supported types are mnt, net, ipc, user, pid, uts and cgroup. This option may be given more than once. -u, --notruncate Do not truncate text in columns. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. AUTHORS
Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> SEE ALSO
nsenter(1), unshare(1), clone(2), namespaces(7) AVAILABILITY
The lsns command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux December 2015 LSNS(8)