Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unmounting a cd in Solaris
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unmounting a cd in Solaris Post 29935 by Jody on Monday 14th of October 2002 03:17:58 PM
Old 10-14-2002
Unmounting a cd in Solaris

I am having a rough time with unmounting a CD on a Solaris box. I am installing Oracle 8.1.7 for someone, and everything was going swell until the system tells me to put in CD 2. When I try to eject CD 1, nothing happens because the CD is still mounted. I looked on the man pages for rmmount to see if there was anything on there that would allow me to unmount the CD, but that was a waste of time. I even searched here on the forum, but the forum gave me nada. Can someone tell me how or point me in right direction of unmounting that CD so I can finish the Oracle installation?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unmounting /home Permanently

Hi! I got tired of running out of disk space on the different partitions on my Solaris 8 Ultra 5 computer so I tried to make just a big / partition and install everything on that. But somehow I managed to get a 0 byte /home partition :-) I tried to delete this (By just clicking it in X-Windows and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfabetman
8 Replies

2. AIX

unmounting problem

Hello, can someone help me with the problem am facing unmounting a filesystem I wanted to unmount /oradata cause i created it with a larger size and wanted to umount it , delete the fs and create again with less size. i have done below but nothing so far. 1) iam not in /oradata directory 2) i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

4. AIX

Unmounting a failed NFS mount

I have an NFS file system mounted on one of my AIX servers with "mount -v cifs".. The server from which the file system was mounted has crashed and now my "df -g" output is hanging. Is there any was to unmount this NFS file system? I have tried "umount -f". Doesn't work. Or is there any way in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wibhore
6 Replies

5. AIX

Error unmounting a remote mounted file system

Hi All, I'm facing an issue while trying to unmount a remotely mounted file system, strangely it's not even getting mounted, Kindly find the reply messages. Mounting error msg nfsmnthelp: 1831-019 <Server host>: Cannot mount a file system that is already remotely mounted. mount: 1831-008... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhishekag
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validation of mounting and unmounting

Hi folks, I have below code for unmounting, but i need validation filesystem is unmounted or not, if not it give us error. Please confirm below code or need modification. Please suggest. umount /oradata if then echo "/oradata Unmounted Successfully" else echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unmounting NFS idle clients from server

Hello World, We have a software repository server in our environment which we use as an NFS server. Now this has been going on well before I was hired. Now, I observed many users not unmounting the NFS resources after their use. I ran showmount and it showed 513 current sessions. :wall: Is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish51392111
7 Replies
UMOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     UMOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
umount.nfs, umount.nfs4 - unmount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
umount.nfs dir [-fvnrlh ] DESCRIPTION
umount.nfs and umount.nfs4 are a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. umount.nfs4 and umount.nfs are meant to be used by the umount(8) command for unmounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. dir is the directory on which the file system is mounted. OPTIONS
-f Force unmount the file system in case of unreachable NFS system. -v Be verbose. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip delet- ing an entry. -r In case unmounting fails, try to mount read-only. -l Lazy unmount. Detach the file system from the file system hierarchy now, and cleanup all references to the file system as soon as it is not busy anymore. -h Print help message. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and umount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), umount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 6 Jun 2006 UMOUNT.NFS(8)