Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting (perl) Microsoft SQL Server client for solaris. cant find it... Post 29925 by auswipe on Monday 14th of October 2002 10:35:30 AM
Old 10-14-2002
How's it working out? Any problems communicating with SQL Server? Sounds interesting.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris DNS Client For Microsoft DNS Server

hey guys, how to add soalris box as a microsoft DNS Client ? and how to register in the microsoft DNS ?? i managed to query from the DNS server after adding /etc/resolve.conf and editing /etc/nsswitch.conf but i need to register the soalris server (dns Client) into Microsoft DNS automatically.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connection to Microsoft SQL Server

Hi, I am using "ksh" and trying to connect to the Microsoft SQL Server but it gives an error that is: DB-LIBRARY error: Unexpected EOF from SQL Server. Can any one please help me to resolve this issue. And i am using Putty to connect to the Unix server. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
3 Replies

3. SuSE

Syslog-ng 3.0.7 fails to insert into microsoft sql server

Dear All, Im currently configuring syslog-ng on SUSE Linux 10 SP2 to communicate with microsoft sql server 2005. I have installed freeTds 8.0. Tested TSQL ..works fine ISQL works fine. when testing with syslog-ng destination d_mssql { sql(type(mssql) host("ip address")... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SystemEng
0 Replies

4. Solaris

How to add new Solaris client IP into Solaris 10 DNS server?

Hi, We just built a new Solaris 10 zone. And would like to add it to our DNS server. Its also Solaris 10. Please let me know how can I get the IP resolved using this DNS server. I added entry into zone config file but not working. I did restarted the DNS services. And also added nameserver name... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
5 Replies
MYSQL_UNBUFFERED_QUERY(3)						 1						 MYSQL_UNBUFFERED_QUERY(3)

mysql_unbuffered_query - Send an SQL query to MySQL without fetching and buffering the result rows.

SYNOPSIS
Warning This extension is deprecated as of PHP 5.5.0, and will be removed in the future. Instead, the MySQLi or PDO_MySQL extension should be used. See also MySQL: choosing an API guide and related FAQ for more information. Alternatives to this function include: oSee: Buffered and Unbuffered queries resource mysql_unbuffered_query (string $query, [resource $link_identifier = NULL]) DESCRIPTION
mysql_unbuffered_query(3) sends the SQL query $query to MySQL without automatically fetching and buffering the result rows as mysql_query(3) does. This saves a considerable amount of memory with SQL queries that produce large result sets, and you can start working on the result set immediately after the first row has been retrieved as you don't have to wait until the complete SQL query has been per- formed. To use mysql_unbuffered_query(3) while multiple database connections are open, you must specify the optional parameter $link_iden- tifier to identify which connection you want to use. o $query - The SQL query to execute. Data inside the query should be properly escaped. o $ link_identifier -The MySQL connection. If the link identifier is not specified, the last link opened by mysql_connect(3) is assumed. If no such link is found, it will try to create one as if mysql_connect(3) was called with no arguments. If no connection is found or established, an E_WARNING level error is generated. For SELECT, SHOW, DESCRIBE or EXPLAIN statements, mysql_unbuffered_query(3) returns a resource on success, or FALSE on error. For other type of SQL statements, UPDATE, DELETE, DROP, etc, mysql_unbuffered_query(3) returns TRUE on success or FALSE on error. Note The benefits of mysql_unbuffered_query(3) come at a cost: you cannot use mysql_num_rows(3) and mysql_data_seek(3) on a result set returned from mysql_unbuffered_query(3), until all rows are fetched. You also have to fetch all result rows from an unbuffered SQL query before you can send a new SQL query to MySQL, using the same $link_identifier. mysql_query(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQL_UNBUFFERED_QUERY(3)