Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Amount of RAM (Memory)
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Amount of RAM (Memory) Post 29726 by samudimu on Thursday 10th of October 2002 04:09:05 PM
Old 10-10-2002
MySQL

Thanx, that worked!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get amount of memory installed.

Hi! I'm not a UNIX fanatic but I like using it for the Oracle database since it's not stable in the Windows NT environment (what is?). Problem: Is there any command to show me the amount of installed physical-memory in the machine? Is there some other way to show the processes which uses... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elgholm
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel and initrd on machine with little amount of RAM

(rus cp1251) Вобщем смысл поста такой: я пытаюсь сделать Linux на дискетке и всё это опробовать на 386... =D поскольку памяти там мало, а ядро и initrd вроде как зажаты, я хотел бы узнать а) я сделал ядро (bzImage) оно 600 Кб. оно в памяти займёт 600 Кб или оно ещё разожмётся? б) аналогично с initrd. и ещё: он вроде 4МБ а можно в параметрах ядра сделать поменьше, можно-ли в 1-2МБ памяти уместить initrd и ядро? (eng) i am try to make linux on diskette and run it on i386... =D there are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MR.Z
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

amount of memory in my server

Hi all, is there any command that i can execute to find out the size of the harddisk and RAM on my server? Because i am not the SA, i do not have access to such infomation. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

the amount of memory consumed per user

Hi, under UNIX AIX how determine the amount of memory consumed per user ? Many thanks before. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

5. Linux

shmat() Failure While Using a Large Amount of Shared Memory

Hi, I'm developing a data processing pipeline with multiple stages, with data being moved between the stages using shared memory segments. The size of the data is typically of the order of hundreds of megabytes, and there are typically a few tens of main shared memory segments each of size... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theicarusagenda
2 Replies

6. AIX

amount of memory allocated to large page

We just set up a system to use large pages. I want to know if there is a command to see how much of the memory is being used for large pages. For example if we have a system with 8GB of RAm assigned and it has been set to use 4GB for large pages is there a command to show that 4GB of the *GB is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveisme
1 Replies

7. Solaris

RAM memory display

Hi How to display RAM memory info under Sol10 ? I need info like : - how many slots is available in MoBo - how RAM is plugged into those slots - total number of RAM memory size and size divided in each slot ths for help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Ram memory fails.

Hi All, Ram memory always fails,i did not find the reason...........any one can help i this.:wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
2 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Find defective ram memory

How do I find if I have defective ram in my computer. I don't have a cd-rom, so I can't use a bootable cd. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Query on RAM Memory

Hi Experts, I have a linux system , which triggers a alarm if RAM memory goes above 70%... When i see top command i cant find any process utilizing much of memory .. Can anyone tell me what could be the reason for high memory utilization.. Bellow is the free command o/p: free ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaliniyadav
14 Replies
bcopy(9F)						   Kernel Functions for Drivers 						 bcopy(9F)

NAME
bcopy - copy data between address locations in the kernel SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> void bcopy(const void *from, void *to, size_t bcount); INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI). PARAMETERS
from Source address from which the copy is made. to Destination address to which copy is made. bcount The number of bytes moved. DESCRIPTION
The bcopy() function copies bcount bytes from one kernel address to another. If the input and output addresses overlap, the command exe- cutes, but the results may not be as expected. Note that bcopy() should never be used to move data in or out of a user buffer, because it has no provision for handling page faults. The user address space can be swapped out at any time, and bcopy() always assumes that there will be no paging faults. If bcopy() attempts to access the user buffer when it is swapped out, the system will panic. It is safe to use bcopy() to move data within kernel space, since kernel space is never swapped out. CONTEXT
The bcopy() function can be called from user, interrupt, or kernel context. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Copying data between address locations in the kernel: An I/O request is made for data stored in a RAM disk. If the I/O operation is a read request, the data is copied from the RAM disk to a buffer (line 8). If it is a write request, the data is copied from a buffer to the RAM disk (line 15). bcopy() is used since both the RAM disk and the buffer are part of the kernel address space. 1 #define RAMDNBLK 1000 /* blocks in the RAM disk */ 2 #define RAMDBSIZ 512 /* bytes per block */ 3 char ramdblks[RAMDNBLK][RAMDBSIZ]; /* blocks forming RAM /* disk ... 4 5 if (bp->b_flags & B_READ) /* if read request, copy data */ 6 /* from RAM disk data block */ 7 /* to system buffer */ 8 bcopy(&ramdblks[bp->b_blkno][0], bp->b_un.b_addr, 9 bp->b_bcount); 10 11 else /* else write request, */ 12 /* copy data from a */ 13 /* system buffer to RAM disk */ 14 /* data block */ 15 bcopy(bp->b_un.b_addr, &ramdblks[bp->b_blkno][0], 16 bp->b_bcount); SEE ALSO
copyin(9F), copyout(9F) Writing Device Drivers WARNINGS
The from and to addresses must be within the kernel space. No range checking is done. If an address outside of the kernel space is selected, the driver may corrupt the system in an unpredictable way. SunOS 5.11 16 Jan 2006 bcopy(9F)