Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory ? on xferring user info from one sys to another Post 29675 by kymberm on Thursday 10th of October 2002 08:00:13 AM
Old 10-10-2002
transferring

Its solaris 2.5.1

Thanks!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User log in info

Hi, I am using SunOS and HP-UX. I am trying to removed user that has not been using the system for a period of time. Is there anyway to find out how long since the last time the user logged on. I know there is command "last" that read from the file /etc/wtmp that hold some of information. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vtran4270
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sys info script

Hi, i need a shell script that write in a file called sys.txt this: <output of date command> HN <host name> OS <OS name> <OS version> I can have this info with uname command, but I can't write these in sys.txt. Can any one help me? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FastMagister
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting user info on a file

I know this is prob a simple question but anyway here goes. I want to find out the owner of a certain file. I also want to find out what permissions that owner has. Is their any command that is similair to file in that it can tell men this specfic information about a file the way file tells you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Quesa
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 sys-unconfig issue (brand new user)

ok, Newbie here..... I just installed this solaris 10 for a class I'm taking. We couldn't figure out how to change the IP so we were told to just do it from the sys-uncofig process. Well, after I did that, I lost the GUI witch isn't all that bad cuz I want to learn the cli anyways, but I keep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moesays
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User Info

How could I get the details about a user logged in a Unix system? ( WHat tasks did he perform or if he had changed any file or not)? Please answer my question. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s_dhar
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Can I restore from a flash archive without re-entering the basic sys info?

Hi I would like to be able to take adhoc backups of my systems using flash archive - flarcreate - and then restore from them to the same system without having to enter the basic configuration again when I boot from the Solaris CD. So, I'd like to be able to create a flar archive ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emjs
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX 6.1 Power6 - Sys CPU utilization twice that of User

Hello, We just purchased two new 4-way (one active one failover) 5Ghz Power6 Servers (failover) with 64GB RAM (32GB per node) runing AIX 6.1 with two LPARs per node connected to our SAN with two 4GB HBAs. The PROD LPAR has 2 dedicated CPUs (4 virtual) and the TEST LPAR has 2 dedicated CPUs. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update LDIF User info based on Test User Certs ID's

Hi I need help.......... I have an Sun One Directory server LDIF file with 5000 user entries, I need to change the data to match Test ID's, so I can run a perf test. I'm way out of my league as I have not done any scripting for 10 years. There are four entries for each user in the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Macdaddy99
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)