Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unix window
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers unix window Post 29594 by LivinFree on Wednesday 9th of October 2002 03:58:22 AM
Old 10-09-2002
You don't have to reinstall Linux.

It should walk you through most of it.

If for some reason, you do need to install X, please post back with your Redhat Version - perhaps I or someone else can tell you which RPMs to install.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Window and Chat for UNIX

Hi i am new to Unix and i was wondering if you could help me with 2 problems i have? Firstly i use Telnet to connect to my main server unix-shells.com and i want to know how i can use the "window" program? i understand how it works but i want to be able to easily make new windows and hide the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ditoa
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

UNIX & WINDOW

Is there any way that I could invoke a Win NT application in a UNIX environment? Needed to do this to direct the output of an Win NT application to a UNIX program, and then back again. Furthermore, because there's a large amount of processing to be done, it will be great if I could do this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Norman N
1 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

From WinXP to Unix with X-window

Can anyone tell me if there is a possibility to connect WindowsXP to Unix by means of an X-Window? I want to do this graphical but I can't find a client with a reasonable pricetag on it. We now use WRQ Reflection to connect to a character-based programm on the unix box. But I would like to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fwalda
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Plz help me.... window split in unix

how to split a window into two using curses in a text based chat application? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manju
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

to transfer a file from unix to window

Hello sir/Madam, I m writing in unix prompt folllowing- >ftp <local ip> // my pc ip is 10.64.0.59 Then following message is displayed- "ftp: connect: Connection refused" Please help me to solve this problem. Thanking you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nirmal
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

transfering file from unix to window

Hello Sir/Madam, In my system both unix and windows xp are running, I want to transfer a file from unix to window. Sir, I m new in unix scripting ,So Please help me to solve my problem. Thanking you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nirmal
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rdist from unix to window XP

I need to rdist some files from unix to window XP, where the source file is in Unix box. I can't get a way to do it as it always prompted me permission denied. rdist -c migtest.tar <ipaddr>:/filedir/migtest.tar updating host <ipaddr> Permission denied. I'd tried to ftp and put the file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lenniegu
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grab the data from the unix window

Hi, How could i grab a set of data (eg:file execution start & stop time stamp f) from unix? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siriv
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Id from Window Login ID

Hello All, My Problem is -> How can we get UNIX id from open mail authentication (Windows ID) in UNIX. In following command we are using domain name, which may change in your reference. As, if we use following command. ypcat passwd | grep rohitp | cut -d: -f5 | cut -d, -f1 => we get... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandey.rohit
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Transfer from Window server to UNIX and UNIX to UNIX

Dear All, Can someone help to command or program to transfer the file from windows to Unix server and from one unix server to another Unix server in secure way. I would request no samba client. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies
Tk_InitConsoleChannels(3)				       Tk Library Procedures					 Tk_InitConsoleChannels(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_InitConsoleChannels - Install the console channels as standard channels SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> Tk_InitConsoleChannels(interp) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter in which the console channels are created. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_InitConsoleChannels is invoked to create a set of console channels and install them as the standard channels. All I/O on these channels will be discarded until Tk_CreateConsoleWindow is called to attach the console to a text widget. This function is for use by shell applications based on Tk, like wish, on platforms which have no standard channels in graphical mode, like Win32. The interp argument is the interpreter in which to create and install the console channels. NOTE: If this function is used it has to be called before the first call to Tcl_RegisterChannel, directly, or indirectly through other channel functions. Because otherwise the standard channels will be already initialized to the system defaults, which will be nonsensical for the case Tk_InitConsoleChannels is for. SEE ALSO
console(n) KEYWORDS
standard channels, console Tk 8.5 Tk_InitConsoleChannels(3)