Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Writing a service in Linux
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Writing a service in Linux Post 29575 by ttkh on Tuesday 8th of October 2002 08:47:50 PM
Old 10-08-2002
Why don't you just create a shell scripts and put it in /etc/rc.d/rc3.d and make a link over /etc/init.d/scripts-name. This should run when server boot up. (Linux)

Quan

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Writing a .NET service to be Hosted in UNIX

Has anyone here written an MS compatible .NET service that is hosted and served from a UNIX server instead of a W2K server? I love programming and writing .NET services with Visual Studio.NET and C#, but there is a fundamental problem --the Win2k server itself. It is not near as reliable as Sun... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeslekmc
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

I'm writing a new Linux program!

Yep, that's right. I'm writing a Linux binary that requires an X11 Server. It will also be released in a Shell, Win32, and Cocoa (Mac OS X). It's a program that's a text editor and more. It not just creates TXT and RTF files, it also can save in XML, RSS, and a whole lot of other formats. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danny_10
11 Replies

3. SuSE

writing on win ntfs partition from linux

Is it possible to save a file from linux environment to a windows ntfs partition? I use SUSE 8.3 and I can access win ntfs files only as read only. I want to know whether writing is possible on win ntfs partition. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suyashkunte
2 Replies

4. Programming

Basic questions on writing a Unix Service (newbie help!)

Hi there. I've got 12 years experience writing C++ on Windows, and 3 years C# on Windows. Now my boss wants me to write a C++ app to run on Unix as a multithreaded 'service' (i.e. a program that runs with no user intervention). Some quick questions for The Experts: * Whats the best C++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rutland Gizz
3 Replies

5. Programming

writing your own command in unix/linux

Hi I am very new to Linux programming,otherwise I have exposure to Linux. Was thinking about something like writing my own commands for Linux. Any ideas where to start, any useful links and what I need to know before I start with this. Thanks :) Sidhu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amardeep
3 Replies

6. Programming

Linux Service

Hi, I want to write a service like windows service for my rhel4u5 server.And this service every day at 4:00 am connect a ftp server and download file then parse information at txt file then insert or update info at my database server(oracle).and this service can be stopped or paused by user.And... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ariyurek
1 Replies

7. Linux

Important Service Linux

Hi there; I need to know all the things about services which help my Linux OS running. So what're important services of LINUX OS ? Anyone can help me... Tks all ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quan0509
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

Writing from Unix DB to Linux NFS

I have an HP Unix server with Oracle DB and want to write Datapumo export files across the network to IMB/Linux NFS. Will that work? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duane McDonough
3 Replies

9. Programming

Hire Personal Assistant | SEO Virtual Assistant | Data Entry Service | Content Writing

Hello Everyone, Here I am offereing my Services Word Posting Content Posting PDF to excel or word Image to Ms Word typeing Document Creation Video Creation Any type Copy-Paste Ads Posting Article Posting Manual Directory Submission PR Submission Social Bookmarking Web 2.0 Blogs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abseova
1 Replies
svc(8)							      System Manager's Manual							    svc(8)

NAME
svc - controls services monitored by supervise(8). SYNOPSIS
svc [ -udopchaitkx ] services DESCRIPTION
services consists of any number of arguments, each argument naming a directory used by supervise(8). svc applies all the options to each service in turn. OPTIONS
-u Up. If the service is not running, start it. If the service stops, restart it. -d Down. If the service is running, send it a TERM signal and then a CONT signal. After it stops, do not restart it. -o Once. If the service is not running, start it. Do not restart it if it stops. -p Pause. Send the service a STOP signal. -c Continue. Send the service a CONT signal. -h Hangup. Send the service a HUP signal. -a Alarm. Send the service an ALRM signal. -i Interrupt. Send the service an INT signal. -t Terminate. Send the service a TERM signal. -k Kill. Send the service a KILL signal. -x Exit. supervise(8) will exit as soon as the service is down. If you use this option on a stable system, you're doing something wrong; supervise(8) is designed to run forever. SEE ALSO
supervise(8), svok(8), svstat(8), svscanboot(8), svscan(8), readproctitle(8), fghack(8), pgrphack(8), multilog(8), tai64n(8), tai64nlo- cal(8), setuidgid(8), envuidgid(8), envdir(8), softlimit(8), setlock(8) http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html svc(8)