Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: variables in a script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting variables in a script Post 29178 by Bab00shka on Tuesday 1st of October 2002 10:48:26 AM
Old 10-01-2002
Hi Perderabo,

I get "cut: The list arguments following the c option are not correct." from my script.

Although I did a quick command line test and it worked ok.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing a variables value from the called script to calling script using ksh

How do i get the value of the variable from the called script(script2) to the calling script(script1) in ksh ? I've given portion of the script here to explain the problem. Portion of Script 1 ============= ----- ----- tmp=`a.ksh p1 p2 p3` if then # error processing fi -----... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajarkumar
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that takes in variables, and outputs to another text or script file

Ok, I sort of need to create a command files that will be ftped to another server to run. I have some input variable that will need to be read, and then transformed into another script file. Here are some examples. Server 1: outputCmd.sh passing in ./outputCmd.sh nh8oaxt Release_4_0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orozcom
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting variables from another script

I have 2 scripts.The first script greps something and prints it say a.sh #!/bin/sh ccc="grep something and cut something" echo $ccc When you run this it gives a value say "100" I have b.sh and I have #!/bin/sh status=`/home/a.sh` status_code=$? echo status_code When I run... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gubbu
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using variables across script

Hi, I want to take input from one script like : 1. Enter ip address : 2. Enter port : Now, I want to - a. Store these in variables, b. Call a separate script (say, x) from this script (say, y) c. And use the stored variables in the called script (i.e. in script 'x'). How do I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman_ag
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variables of executed script available in executing script

Hi, I have a script get_DB_var.ksh which do a data base call and get some variables as below: sqlplus -silent $user/$pass@dbname <<END select col1, col2, col3 from table_name where col4=$1; exit; END Now I want to access all these variables i.e.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling script with multiple variables in second script

Hi All, Just give me an idea on how to do the below logic. 1. I have one master script masterload.sh, the usage of this script is a. masterload.sh FULL BFLF_LOAD.txt b. masterload.sh DELTA TDLD_LOAD.txt c.masterload.sh USER MAS_LOAD.txt FULL , DELTA ,USER are the varaibles based... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mora
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ask variables to user by script

Hi. Is there any way of in a script ask the user something and with the user answer retreave a internal result that uses the variable that the user had introduced? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whity
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script with multiple variables like 25 variables.

Hi All, i have a requirement where i have to run a script with at least 25 arguements and position of arguements can also change. the unapropriate way is like below. can we achieve this in more good and precise way?? #!/bin/ksh ##script is sample.ksh age=$1 gender=$2 class=$3 . . .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Variables in perl script

Hi Chaps, Im after some advise with a script i've written however doesnt appear to work how I would like. Basically I have a perl script which sucessfully pulls an expect script to login to multiple nodes and obtain some output from the nodes (total number of nat ports that are in use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to create runtime variables based on the number of parameters passed in the script

Hi All, I have a script which intends to create as many variables at runtime, as the number of parameters passed to it. The script needs to save these parameter values in the variables created and print them abc.sh ---------- export Numbr_Parms=$# export a=1 while do export... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev.devil.1983
3 Replies
XCUTSEL(1)						      General Commands Manual							XCUTSEL(1)

NAME
xcutsel - interchange between cut buffer and selection SYNOPSIS
xcutsel [ -toolkitoption ...] [-selection selection] [-cutbuffer number] DESCRIPTION
The xcutsel program is used to copy the current selection into a cut buffer and to make a selection that contains the current contents of the cut buffer. It acts as a bridge between applications that don't support selections and those that do. By default, xcutsel will use the selection named PRIMARY and the cut buffer CUT_BUFFER0. Either or both of these can be overridden by com- mand line arguments or by resources. An xcutsel window has the following buttons: quit When this button is pressed, xcutsel exits. Any selections held by xcutsel are automatically released. copy PRIMARY to 0 When this button is pressed, xcutsel copies the current selection into the cut buffer. copy 0 to PRIMARY When this button is pressed, xcutsel converts the current contents of the cut buffer into the selection. The button labels reflect the selection and cutbuffer selected by command line options or through the resource database. When the ``copy 0 to PRIMARY'' button is activated, the button will remain inverted as long as xcutsel remains the owner of the selection. This serves to remind you which client owns the current selection. Note that the value of the selection remains constant; if the cutbuffer is changed, you must again activate the copy button to retrieve the new value when desired. OPTIONS
Xcutsel accepts all of the standard X Toolkit command line options as well as the following: -selection name This option specifies the name of the selection to use. The default is PRIMARY. The only supported abbreviations for this option are ``-select'', ``-sel'' and ``-s'', as the standard toolkit option ``-selectionTimeout'' has a similar name. -cutbuffer number This option specifies the cut buffer to use. The default is cut buffer 0. X DEFAULTS
This program accepts all of the standard X Toolkit resource names and classes as well as: selection (class Selection) This resource specifies the name of the selection to use. The default is PRIMARY. cutBuffer (class CutBuffer) This resource specifies the number of the cut buffer to use. The default is 0. WIDGET NAMES
The following instance names may be used when user configuration of the labels in them is desired: sel-cut (class Command) This is the ``copy SELECTION to BUFFER'' button. cut-sel (class Command) This is the ``copy BUFFER to SELECTION'' button. quit (class Command) This is the ``quit'' button. SEE ALSO
X(7), xclipboard(1), xterm(1), text widget documentation, individual client documentation for how to make a selection. BUGS
There is no way to change the name of the selection or the number of the cut buffer while the program is running. AUTHOR
Ralph R. Swick, DEC/MIT Project Athena X Version 11 xclipboard 1.1.2 XCUTSEL(1)