Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming hoe to allocate a 2 dimensions array? Post 29151 by hewlet on Monday 30th of September 2002 10:22:39 PM
Old 09-30-2002
The Schedule[i][j] is a pointer.
Your allocate program is right. But you are trying to change the value of a pointer Schedule[0][0]. You may just want to change the value it points to, if you do, you coulde use:
*Schedule[0][0] = 1

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about hoe to add new scsi disk (unixware 7.1.1)

I have installed perc 2 raid card .in installiation , one is install whole for unix file system,and other select "do not modify" after installiation ,how to use another ? add filesystem ?how to? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: luckylwf
2 Replies

2. Programming

how allocate virtual memory

Hi Folks can any body suggest how to allocate virtual memory any function for that (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: munnu
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to allocate swap space?

Hi all, I would like to know how i can mount swap on /tmp at boot time, I mean even before the actual script that does the mounting kicks in? i tried this mount -F tmpfs swap /tmp (nothing happens it just hangs during the booting) I also tried this /usr/lib/fs/tmpfs/mount swap /tmp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unable to allocate enough memory

On SunOS 5.8 I get an error when starting a large Java process with over 2Gb memory. Error occurred during initialization of VM Could not reserve enough space for object heap When stopping several other Java processes we can start this process. This seems to indicate that we don't have... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

dimensions 10

Hi, We are using dimensions 10 (source code control system) for our programs. Some programs contain special characters like ‘$' , ‘#' , ‘ , ‘ etc.. During the check-out process of an item , a unix shell script will be called to process the item. If the item contains a ‘$' character, it will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrs_rajan
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to allocate memory

Hi, I have 2 systems with same hardware and software. One system is giving me error "Error occurred during initialization of VM Could not reserve enough space for object " when I tried to increase JBoss App's heap size to 2GB while the other system is running fine without any issue. Is there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi3553
5 Replies

7. Programming

How to allocate memory to a string in C?

hi I want to take string as a input from user and the string is very very length. From the lengthy string i have to substring take first 16 letters, then next 8 letters,................... Please guide me how to write program to take lengthy string from user and sub string it. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atharalikhan
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to calculate all pairwise distances in two dimensions and transform them into a matrix

Hello to all, I am very new in the shell scripting and I need help. I have data for several individuals in several rows followed by a tag and by 5 values per row, with the name of the individual in the first column, e.g.: IND1 H1 12 13 12 15 14 IND2 H2 12 12 15 14 14 IND3 H1 12 15... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bemar
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hoe to copy selected strings from file into another text file

Hi Experts, I just want to copy some selected strings from a a file into a new .txt file . I am using below command to find the data now want to copy the search results into another .txt file please help me . find /Path -exec grep -w "filename1|filename1|filename1|" '{}' \;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mumakhij
2 Replies
funimagerowget(3)						SAORD Documentation						 funimagerowget(3)

NAME
FunImageRowGet - get row(s) of an image SYNOPSIS
#include <funtools.h> void *FunImageRowGet(Fun fun, void *buf, int rstart, int rstop, char *plist) DESCRIPTION
The FunImageRowGet() routine returns one or more image rows from the specified section of a Funtools data file. If the input data are of type image, the array is generated by extracting the specified image rows and then binning them according to the specified bin factor. If the input data are contained in a binary table or raw event file, the rows are binned on the columns specified by the bincols= keyword (using appropriate default columns as needed), after which the image section and bin factors are applied. The first argument is the Funtools handle returned by FunOpen(). The second buf argument is a pointer to a data buffer to fill. If NULL is specified, FunImageGet() will allocate a buffer of the appropriate size. The third and fourth arguments specify the first and last row to retrieve. Rows are counted starting from 1, up to the value of FUN_YMAX(fun). The final plist (i.e., parameter list) argument is a string containing one or more comma-delimited keyword=value parame- ters. It can be used to specify the return data type using the bitpix= keyword. If no such keyword is specified in the plist string, the data type of the image is the same as the data type of the original input file, or is of type int for FITS binary tables. If the bitpix=value is supplied in the plist string, the data type of the returned image will be one of the supported FITS image data types: o 8 unsigned char o 16 short o 32 int o -32 float o -64 double For example: double *drow; Fun fun; ... open files ... /* get section dimensions */ FunInfoGet(fun, FUN_SECT_DIM1, &dim1, FUN_SECT_DIM2, &dim2, 0); /* allocate one line's worth */ drow = malloc(dim1*sizeof(double)); /* retrieve and process each input row (starting at 1) */ for(i=1; i <= dim2; i++){ if( !FunImageRowGet(fun, drow, i, i, "bitpix=-64") ) gerror(stderr, "can't FunImageRowGet: %d %s ", i, iname); /* reverse the line */ for(j=1; j<=dim1; j++){ ... process drow[j-1] ... } } ... On success, a pointer to the image buffer is returned. (This will be the same as the second argument, if NULL is not passed to the latter.) On error, NULL is returned. Note that the considerations described above for specifying binning columns in FunImageGet() also apply to FunImageRowGet(). SEE ALSO
See funtools(7) for a list of Funtools help pages version 1.4.2 January 2, 2008 funimagerowget(3)