Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: telnet issues
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers telnet issues Post 29149 by cbkihong on Monday 30th of September 2002 09:52:35 PM
Old 09-30-2002
Re: re : inetd.sec

Quote:
Originally posted by yls177

so ipchains or iptables in linux (its just a matter of finding the correct commans in aix, hpux, solaris) then we can set all these rules?
Yes, if the firewall software supports the filtering capabilities you desire.

An iptables script is essentially a shell script placed into /etc/init.d. This is the documentation to iptables, which gives you an idea of how a packet-filtering firewall looks like and how it functions:

http://www.netfilter.org/documentati...ing-HOWTO.html

Of course you need to find out what firewalls are available if you use some other unix-based systems.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telnet

hello there! :) i'm a newbie here...and i have a question, how can you logout while you're chatting in commode? thanx! :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hapiworm
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting on to telnet

how can I get on to telnet keep getting the page cant be found:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamworther
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Telnet

Hi, When we use telnet (from unix workstation or windows) to remotely access the Unix server, the environment variables such as: DISPLAY, TERM, LOGNAME are communicate to the telnet server during the telnet session negotiation. By default these variables are passed to the server. We can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vtran4270
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SU issues

Hi, I have automated a build process that does the following activities. 1. check out code from cvs to a specific directory 2. build the revision checked out with 'ANT' 3. integrate the compiled code with the QA/UAT or new environment (/apps/QA or /apps/UAT or /apps/new directory) I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoi2hot4ya
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Webpage to Telnet via Perl and Expect: Telnet problem?

Somewhat long story: I have a simple Perl CGI script that uses Expect to Telnet to a device and grab some data, and then spits it back to Perl for display on the Webpage. This works for many devices I've tried, but one device just fails, it keeps rejecting the password on this device, only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jondo
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet Script Issues

HI All Some body wrote to me this Telnet Script : #!/opt/perl/bin/perl $ip = $ARGV; die ("IP must be passed as an argument. $!\n") unless defined($ip); use Net::Telnet (); $handle = new Net::Telnet (Timeout => 10, Prompt => '/.*(#|>|\))\s*$/'); $handle->open("$ip");... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Darknight
10 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Telnet help.

I wanted to learn Telnet protocol so I read an RFC-854 on telnet but now i'm kinda stuck ...where to go now???? Need guidance from you guys...about some website or any resources that could help to learn more about it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jFreak619
1 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

rm -rf issues

We are using the solaris server and if i am using rm -rf to delete the directories its asking the confirmation for each and every file inside the directory.Is there any way to disable ( should not ask the confirmation) only for a particular session? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshbabuc
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatically login in the telnet from present telnet

Hi, I was writing one script which includes to switch to the another telnet automatically from the present telnet server. I was using rlogin but firstly it takes the same user name of the present telnet and secondly it is prompting for the password. But i want to switch to the another telnet... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prateek
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference Between Krb5-telnet And Ekrb5-telnet

Hi, I want to know the difference between these two services. Both are under xinetd. Both are used for enabling and disabling Telnet service. So, can somebody please explain me the difference between the two ? Thanks in advance :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashifsd17
0 Replies
IPTABLES-SAVE(8)						  iptables 1.6.1						  IPTABLES-SAVE(8)

NAME
iptables-save -- dump iptables rules to stdout ip6tables-save -- dump iptables rules to stdout SYNOPSIS
iptables-save [-M modprobe] [-c] [-t table] ip6tables-save [-M modprobe] [-c] [-t table] DESCRIPTION
iptables-save and ip6tables-save are used to dump the contents of IP or IPv6 Table in easily parseable format to STDOUT. Use I/O-redirect- ion provided by your shell to write to a file. -M, --modprobe modprobe_program Specify the path to the modprobe program. By default, iptables-save will inspect /proc/sys/kernel/modprobe to determine the exe- cutable's path. -c, --counters include the current values of all packet and byte counters in the output -t, --table tablename restrict output to only one table. If not specified, output includes all available tables. BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.2.1 release AUTHORS
Harald Welte <laforge@gnumonks.org> Rusty Russell <rusty@rustcorp.com.au> Andras Kis-Szabo <kisza@sch.bme.hu> contributed ip6tables-save. SEE ALSO
iptables-apply(8),iptables-restore(8), iptables(8) The iptables-HOWTO, which details more iptables usage, the NAT-HOWTO, which details NAT, and the netfilter-hacking-HOWTO which details the internals. iptables 1.6.1 IPTABLES-SAVE(8)