Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: poewr management problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers poewr management problem Post 29125 by psprocida on Monday 30th of September 2002 03:20:26 PM
Old 09-30-2002
man power.d and power.conf. This will hep you out.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Resource management

Hi all, we have a big problem, we are running an IA-64 linux system, with 8 CPUs and some GB of RAM, for user usage. The user are compiling and testing programs on this system, and this caused some problems. Sometimes, a user program used the hole memory, blocks the other users, and also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malcom
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Query Management

Is there any good query management systems that run on Linux and/or Solaris? I'm looking at KBugBuster and Bugzilla, and was wondering is there any others worth considering that run on these platforms? Txs (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breen
2 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Configuration Management

Not sure where to post this so I placed it here. Anyone have any experience with cccHarvest 5.1 or AllFusion Harvest Change Manager 5.1? I have to put together a plan to move from PVCS to Harvest/AllFusion and I dont know much at all about the latter. Any help, information, or links would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
3 Replies

4. AIX

AIX software management problem

Hi to all please help ...Acutally i m new in AIX. I dont much know about AIX. I m totally confusing with software management chapter. Actually i m not getting difference between. LPP,,BUNDLE,,,PACKAGE,,FIXES,,,APAR,,,,,FILESET..... i read in the book.......as i know about RPM in linux.....but in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: life008
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Password management / centralized password management

Hello all, I need help for build server call as Password management / centralized password management server. My situation and example: I have 600 server in my server room running on Linux then I need 1 server only can create login/password and then user can login to all 600 server no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheikh76
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

IP Management

Hello all, I was wondering which way do you use to manage you IPs? For example in our case we have excel sheets and we export them in html first and import it to a server running apache, so to be visible from all. But i was wondering if there are any way (prefer a way running in web server)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Password management

You know those lists of "the most common passwords"? I was looking at one of those because I actually want to use a really common password or two on occasion. The thing is I'm skeptical that these are legitimate lists. Most things these days require at least 8 chars with a numeral. But these lists... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jutnobs
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Individual Risk Management (Personal IT Security) and Browser Cache Management

Original post from this thread on browser caching. To add to this, it is an effective security measure to clear absolutely all cached data (cookies, web content, ....) when closing the browser - i.e. in case of a shutdown. It takes a bit of work to re-login to all the sites but websites will not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
7 Replies
powerd(1M)                                                                                                                              powerd(1M)

NAME
powerd - power manager daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/power/powerd [-n] The powerd daemon is started by pmconfig(1M) to monitor system activity and perform an automatic shutdown using the suspend-resume feature. When the system is suspended, complete current state is saved on the disk before power is removed. On reboot, the system automatically starts a resume operation and the system is restored to the same state it was in immediately prior to suspend. Immediately prior to system shutdown, the daemon notifies syslogd(1M) of the shutdown, which broadcasts a notification. The following option is supported: -n No broadcast mode. The daemon silently shuts down the system without notifying syslogd(1M). /etc/power.conf Power Management configuration information file See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pmconfig(1M), dtpower(1M), syslogd(1M), power.conf(4), attributes(5), cpr(7), pm(7D) Using Power Management 15 Oct 1999 powerd(1M)