Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: network protocols
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers network protocols Post 29113 by Perderabo on Monday 30th of September 2002 11:46:01 AM
Old 09-30-2002
The most common software package for remote files under unix is NFS. Network protocols are layered. There is one layer called the "network layer" and unix mostly uses IP for the network layer.

See this link which is a fairly good description of the whole process.

I must disagree with that page on one point, though. NFS mostly uses UDP for the transport layer, but TCP support is starting to show up.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Protocols

What protocol would be the best to use on a network with nt and unix servers and windows me clients? Can SMB protocol be used to implement large networks? What protocol can be used to make remote file systems appear as if they are local? Quite a few questions I know, any help would be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jnash
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

define IP protocols on network

what method would I use to determine which IP protocols network (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mar mar
0 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Netfilter conntracking for P2P protocols (edonkey, bittorent...)

Hi everyone, I would like to allow multi users to access P2P networks, so I wonder if there's a way to tracking these kind of protocols with netfilter, and also compatibility with nat, like the module conntrack_ftp seems to do with the FTP protocol. Thanks guys. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nekkro-kvlt
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

what are L2,L3 protocols.

hello forum members, What are L2 and L3 Protocols and can u brief me a bit little ie to gain a basic knowledge. Thanks & Regards Rajkumar g (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
1 Replies

5. AIX

How to disable insecure protocols?

Hello all, planning to secure AIX sever by disabling insecure protocols/cipher suites; got the below requirements from secuirty team. 1.configure the server to disable support for DES and IDEA cipher suites 2.disable insecure TLS/SSL protocol support Configure the server to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kumar7997
4 Replies
FANN_CREATE_STANDARD(3) 						 1						   FANN_CREATE_STANDARD(3)

fann_create_standard - Creates a standard fully connected backpropagation neural network

SYNOPSIS
resource fann_create_standard (int $num_layers, int $num_neurons1, int $num_neurons2, [int $...]) DESCRIPTION
Creates a standard fully connected backpropagation neural network. There will be a bias neuron in each layer (except the output layer), and this bias neuron will be connected to all neurons in the next layer. When running the network, the bias nodes always emits 1. To destroy a neural network use the fann_destroy(3) function. PARAMETERS
o $num_layers - The total number of layers including the input and the output layer. o $num_neurons1 - Number of neurons in the first layer. o $num_neurons2 - Number of neurons in the second layer. o $... - Number of neurons in other layers. RETURN VALUES
Returns a neural network resource on success, or FALSE on error. SEE ALSO
fann_create_standard_array(3), fann_create_sparse(3), fann_create_shortcut(3). PHP Documentation Group FANN_CREATE_STANDARD(3)