Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: `ps` command truncating text
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers `ps` command truncating text Post 29026 by keelba on Friday 27th of September 2002 02:30:58 PM
Old 09-27-2002
The command line is apparently longer than 40 characters. I can't see just how long the command line is because it is running from a large batch in the middle of the night and I don't know exactly the commands that are being called. (That's what I'm trying to find out).

Thank you for your reply. I guess I'll have to figure out another way.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Truncating a number using sed/awk

Hi all, I'm trying to truncate a number like the following: 0001060407013900501048239559900600504083525826350002050354795057 I would like to create an output which puts carriage returns every so many characters, giving an output such as: 0001 060407 0139 0 05 010482395599 0060... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaeltravisuk
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Truncating a variable

I have a variable that is a full path name and I just want the file name with out the extension. I have figured out how to do this using some temp files but I would really like to avoid that if possible. I know I can do echo ${TMPNAME%.*} to drop the extension is there a similar way to drop... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whdr02
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Truncating the last character

Hi all , I am creating the file which holds the create query to run in the sql prompt: so when i am creating: create table XXX( SD Varchar2(10), DF Varchar2(10),) I am getting one comma at the last ,before i am inserting the closing bracket i need to delete that? kindly provide me the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ithirak17
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Truncating file based on date

Hi, I need to truncate a file based on date.Suppose i have a log file which is getting updated every date,i need to keep 7 days worth of data(like sysdate-7) and rest i want to truncate it.Can some help me? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Param0073
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Truncating a mail file

Hi, I have a Unix mail file that I need to truncate, based on the date of the messages. For those not familiar with the format, it is a single file for each user, with the first line of the mail message looking like the following: From user@sitename.com Thu Apr 21 05:40:33 2011 Each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joed
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

plink truncating commands

I'm using plink.exe on WinXP to run some commands on Z/OS BASH. My commands are interspersed with echo commands so that I can parse the output and work out what is where. The first hundred or so commands run fine, but then one of them gets truncated. For example: Input: echo :end_logdetail:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: PhilHibbs
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk is truncating output

Legends, I have 2 files f1 and f2. when i use nawk to compare the difference(subtraction) from 4th column of the file, it truncates the output. can you please help to resolve this. subtraction is (4th col of f1 - 4th col of f2). but it gives only below lines out of 116. I want to print all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk truncating first field output?

Hello, I'm writing an Awk script to take a command line argument (student's name) and output their relevant student#, name, and marks. For some reason, awk arbitrarily removes the first digit from the student number and doesn't show me the proper output. Here is my code: #! /usr/bin/awk -f... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: trashmouth12
6 Replies

9. Solaris

How to avoid truncating in ps output ?

Hello, This is Solaris 10 (x86) bash-3.2# cat /etc/release Solaris 10 5/09 s10x_u7wos_08 X86 Copyright 2009 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Use is subject to license terms. Assembled 30 March... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail command truncating to list

Hey Folks - I'm trying to pass a list of To address using sendmail command but upon executing the script the to list gets truncated and not able to send the last sender : -bash-4.3$ ./akt.sh Date : 03-JUL-18 aaaaa.sss#bgttecre.bom trcikant.shrivas#bgttecre.bom abc#xyz.bom pqr#lmn.bom lion... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vyomdev
0 Replies
queuedefs(4)                                                       File Formats                                                       queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.10 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)