Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sendmail command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sendmail command Post 28913 by oombera on Thursday 26th of September 2002 09:41:15 AM
Old 09-26-2002
Try using -t as well...

From man page:
Quote:
Read message for recipients. To:, Cc:, and Bcc: lines will be
scanned for recipient addresses. The Bcc: line will be deleted
before transmission.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail command

Can anyone tell me? How can i attach the file using sendmail command? Give me one example. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command line problems with sendmail

I cannot get this shell script to work. The path to sendmail is correct... #!/bin/bash echo -e "Subject: email subject\n\nemailbody" | /usr/sbin/sendmail -F fromemail@somedomain.com -t recipientemail@somedomain.com (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: limmer
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail with attachment command line ?

hi.. Could somebody guide me how to send mail with attachment using sendmail command in unix ? Thank you, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bh_hensem
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail command options question

Hello, I am trying to use sendmail with spesific usage I am trying to tail a file and send it from an address to my personal mail I am doing so with this command: tail -c 60000 test | sendmail -f sender@domain.com my@mail.com This is working great. I am trying to add this command a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit86
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does the mail command use sendmail?

The question is, Does the mail comman actually send using sendmail or something else? So I am trying to test if sendmail is set up. I used... cat testemail.txt | mail -s "test mail" myemail@test.com I used my email though I didn't get an error, but didn't get the email either. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wondernate
2 Replies

6. AIX

How to send attachment using "sendmail" command or without uuencode command

Hi Guys, I dont have uuencode, mutt, base64 command available on my aix machine there is any alternative way to send file as attachement in mail. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ns64110
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending attachment using sendmail command

Send_Mail() { C_Date=`date +"%m/%d/%Y"` #Subject="MMDB Load Job Status" for i in `cat $Metafile` do if then email_address=`echo $i | cut -d":" -f2` /usr/lib/sendmail "$email_address" < $Email_File fi done } this is the send mail command i am using .please let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alok K Yadav
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regarding help in sendmail command

Hello All, I have a query here. I want to send an email by sendmailcommand in BASH. So email should have body(by reading a Input_file) in it as well as it should send same Input_file as attachment too. To do so I have tried as following. sendmail_touser() { cat - ${Input_file_HTML} << EOF |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

-bash: sendmail: command not found

Hello Experts, I have been trying to send a test mail in our linux server with sendmail command.But I am getting command not found error message. -->when I tried whether sendmail installed or not with the command rpm -qa sendmail* I got the below, sendmail-cf-8.14.4-8.el6.noarch... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devipriya Ch
26 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail command truncating to list

Hey Folks - I'm trying to pass a list of To address using sendmail command but upon executing the script the to list gets truncated and not able to send the last sender : -bash-4.3$ ./akt.sh Date : 03-JUL-18 aaaaa.sss#bgttecre.bom trcikant.shrivas#bgttecre.bom abc#xyz.bom pqr#lmn.bom lion... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vyomdev
0 Replies
SENSIBLE-MDA(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   SENSIBLE-MDA(8)

NAME
sensible-mda - a generic local MDA router for Debian systems SYNOPSIS
sensible-mda from to detail client-addr DESCRIPTION
sensible-mda is used to simplify the installation and configuration of sendmail(8) , or other MTAs for use on Debian systems. With sensi- ble-mda, sendmail can support a plethora of MDAs (procmail, maildrop, deliver, etc.) without having pick any one of them as required. FUNCTION
sensible-mda is called by sendmail as a local mailer when the following exists in sendmail.mc: define(`LOCAL_MAILER_ARGS', `sensible-mda $g $u $h ${client_addr}')dnl sensible-mda will look for the following MDAs (in this order), and pass the mail on to the first SUID MDA found (Or first found MDA, if run w/euid=root): procmail(1), maildrop(1), deliver(8), mail.local(8) OPTIONS
Available command line options are the following: from The sender of this email (sendmail $g variable) to The recipient of this email (sendmail $u variable) detail The detail portion of the recipient userid (sendmail $h variable) - ie: cowboy+sendmail@debian.org client-addr TCP/IP address of the sender (sendmail ${client_addr} variable) Not used (for the nonce) FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.mc sendmail m4 input to generate sendmail.cf /etc/mail/sendmail.cf actual sendmail configuration file (treated as a binary file) SEE ALSO
sendmail(8), procmail(1), maildrop(1), deliver(8), mail.local(8) BUGS
None known so far. AUTHOR
Richard Nelson <cowboy@debian.org> HISTORY
4th Berkeley Distribution October 21 1999 SENSIBLE-MDA(8)