Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Gunzip : unexpected end of file Post 28900 by janr on Thursday 26th of September 2002 05:34:57 AM
Old 09-26-2002
This means your archive is corrupted.
the reason can be a asci ftp transfer instead of a binary ftp transfer of this archive

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

'end of file' unexpected

what do u mean by " 'end of file' unexpected "? i am running a script called "s1" which internally calls "s2" now s1 starts running & at a point (where it is suppose to call "s2") i get a message 'end of file' unexpected.... & my script(s) are not working.. any ideas on this? regards... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhijeetkul
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

gunzip: unexpected end of file

Ok, I sent several gzipped files using the UNIX "mail" utility without any special settings (bad idea). When I saved these files from my mail and tried to gunzip them, I would get something like the following error: gunzip: wmGrep.mel.gz: unexpected end of file Ok, I messed up. But is it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sicjedi
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unexpected end of file

This is the script path=/oracle/ora10gdb/sample archive=/oracle/ora10gdb/archive cd $path for i in `ls`;do mv $i $archive Done Please tell me why it is givind this error (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshr85
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

end of file unexpected

hi i have error like this' syntax error end of file unexecpeted.and give me the example of cut command as soon as possible: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveeng.81
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

'end of file' unexpected

HI, I was converting a .bat file to .sh file for unix Code snippet #!/usr/bin/sh set -x if then goto RegularBuild; CURDIR="$1"; cd "$CURDIR"; :RegularBuild echo "Checking for existing fip_help.properties in def/properties directory..." if then rm -f fip_help.properties; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srisreeku
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

'end of file' unexpected

HELP PLEASE!! I am running this script, and i keep getting the error 'end of file' unexpected. I know that usually means parenthesis or whatever is out of place but i cant find anything!! I am new to scripting and i put some "print" staements in and it is not getting past the first IF statment... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: weatherman0516
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected end of file, why?

I am getting a "line 47: syntax error: unexpected end of file", why? According to my estimate, line 47 is 2 lines after the last line of code here. Also, the $1 variable represents the current user logging in, and the script runs with root privileges (This is a Mac OS login hook script using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
5 Replies

8. Solaris

gunzip problem! unexpected end of file

I've downloaded the tomcat from the link below and ftp to Solaris by ftp in binary mode Ref: Index of /dist/jakarta/tomcat-5/v5.0.30/bin gunzip -c jakarta-tomcat-5.0.30.tar.gz | tar -xvf - gunzip: jakarta-tomcat-5.0.30.tar.gz: unexpected end of file tar: read error: unexpected EOF ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbox
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected end of file

Hi, On adding below code to my script shows the error on executing else script works fine. sqlplus $user_name/$password <<EOL truncate table order; commit; truncate table order_hist; commit; insert into order(ID,TRAN,CUST_NAME,OPT_VAL) select * from order_bkp; insert into... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

unexpected end of file

I dont know where I missed the double quotes .:wall:pls review this code and help me out . m1: line 26: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"' m1: line 34: syntax error: unexpected end of file echo "script is created by prabhu Kumar "; echo "changing the directory to wes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
2 Replies
ZIPGREP(1L)															       ZIPGREP(1L)

NAME
zipgrep - search files in a ZIP archive for lines matching a pattern SYNOPSIS
zipgrep [egrep_options] pattern file[.zip] [file(s) ...] [-x xfile(s) ...] DESCRIPTION
zipgrep will search files within a ZIP archive for lines matching the given string or pattern. zipgrep is a shell script and requires egrep(1) and unzip(1L) to function. Its output is identical to that of egrep(1). ARGUMENTS
pattern The pattern to be located within a ZIP archive. Any string or regular expression accepted by egrep(1) may be used. file[.zip] Path of the ZIP archive. (Wildcard expressions for the ZIP archive name are not supported.) If the literal filename is not found, the suffix .zip is appended. Note that self-extracting ZIP files are supported, as with any other ZIP archive; just specify the .exe suffix (if any) explicitly. [file(s)] An optional list of archive members to be processed, separated by spaces. If no member files are specified, all members of the ZIP archive are searched. Regular expressions (wildcards) may be used to match multiple members: * matches a sequence of 0 or more characters ? matches exactly 1 character [...] matches any single character found inside the brackets; ranges are specified by a beginning character, a hyphen, and an end- ing character. If an exclamation point or a caret (`!' or `^') follows the left bracket, then the range of characters within the brackets is complemented (that is, anything except the characters inside the brackets is considered a match). (Be sure to quote any character that might otherwise be interpreted or modified by the operating system.) [-x xfile(s)] An optional list of archive members to be excluded from processing. Since wildcard characters match directory separators (`/'), this option may be used to exclude any files that are in subdirectories. For example, ``zipgrep grumpy foo *.[ch] -x */*'' would search for the string ``grumpy'' in all C source files in the main directory of the ``foo'' archive, but none in any subdirectories. Without the -x option, all C source files in all directories within the zipfile would be searched. OPTIONS
All options prior to the ZIP archive filename are passed to egrep(1). SEE ALSO
egrep(1), unzip(1L), zip(1L), funzip(1L), zipcloak(1L), zipinfo(1L), zipnote(1L), zipsplit(1L) URL
The Info-ZIP home page is currently at http://www.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/ or ftp://ftp.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/ . AUTHORS
zipgrep was written by Jean-loup Gailly. Info-ZIP 20 April 2009 ZIPGREP(1L)