Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Eject Tape
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Eject Tape Post 2879 by PxT on Friday 8th of June 2001 10:57:52 AM
Old 06-08-2001
Try the 'mt' command.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

eject floppy messages

Anyone know if there is a way to keep the "/dev/floppy/... can now be ejected" messages from coming up on the screen? I'm using Solaris 8 and it pops a message up, which is fine, but it also writes text in the terminal session... that is what I'm trying to avoid. I have tried running in silent... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Serious_Lee
4 Replies

2. Solaris

cdrom will not eject

Hi I have placed a CD into the rom and now I can not eject it. when i type in eject cdrom i get the follwing error root@ssdb0009 # eject cdrom /vol/dev/rdsk/c0t6d0/dp_a0500_solaris_7_and_8_cd: Device busy Therefore i try and eject it with the -f option (eject -f cdrom) I still get the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dennisca
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cd rom dont eject

Hello I was installing oracle 9 release 2 on solaris 9 everything was fine but when the installation ask me for disk 2. I cant eject cdrom. sends me this message: /vol/dev/rdsk/c1t6d0/orc19201_1: Device busy I open another terminal and with root user try this eject cdrom and nothing. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Tape eject using nsrjb

We have just got a Sun L8 tape library and I was trying to script a couple of things. One was to eject (export) a tape from the machine. nsrjb seems to have an enormous amount of options but this is one thing I have not been able to do. Anybody ever managed to do it? Cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Argus
1 Replies

5. AIX

Eject CDROM?

Now i have a prolem! I double click on my zip file from cdrom. System can not read my zip file and i can not eject my cdrom. How can i manage process and can i end a process or how can i eject my cdrom? please have me! thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leenguyen0101
4 Replies

6. AIX

eject dvd/cd

does someone knows how to eject a dvd/cd device? thx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcpetela
2 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

force tape to eject on aix

Hi, I have a damaged tape that will not eject on aix. How can i force this. I tried tctl -f /dev/rmt0 offline But i get the following error: the media surface is damaged (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: progressdll
1 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

eject virtual tape

Hi i´m working with aix 6.1 and DL4100 (virtual tape library from EMC) and i makes backups (mksysb) into virtual drive (virtual standalone drive). I need eject de tape when backup is finished and I don't now what command use. Thanks for your help. The commands mt and tctl doesn't works.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolaf
0 Replies

9. AIX

Eject tape and many options

Dear Guy's I'm using this command to eject the tape and I got many options /root>mt -f /dev/rmt0 eject mt: 0511-575 eject is not a recognized subcommand. Usage: mt Subcommand Valid subcommands are: weof eof fsf bsf fsr ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Trying to eject cdrom

The green cdrom light is blinking on our Sun Solaris server. I tried the eject command to eject cdrom: eject cdrom cdrom: No such file or directory bash-2.05# eject No default media available bash-2.05# eject cdrom0 cdrom0: No such file or directory The message log file shows: Oct 19... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: agarcia19
6 Replies
EJECT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  EJECT(1)

NAME
eject -- eject a floppy disk, cdrom or tape SYNOPSIS
eject [-fv] [-l | -L | -U] [-t device-type] [-d] device eject -n DESCRIPTION
The eject program ejects a medium from the specified device. It can also load a cdrom in the drive if this operation is supported by the hardware. The device argument specifies a device either by its full path name (identified by a /dev/ prefix), or by one of the built-in nicknames. If the medium contains a file system that is currently mounted, eject will attempt to unmount the file system before ejecting. The following options are available: -d Deprecated. -f Force the eject operation without attempting to unmount any file systems first. -l Load media in the drive (only supported for the cdrom device type). -L Lock the media into the drive (but see BUGS below). -n List the built-in nicknames on standard output. -t device-type Specify the device type. The argument must be one of diskette, floppy, cdrom, disk, or tape. This option is necessary when ejecting a device for which no built-in knowledge is available. -U Unlock the media from the drive. -v Display some of the actions taken on standard output. BUGS
Most disk drivers automatically lock the media on the first open and unlock it on the last close, making 'eject -L' almost useless, since when it closes the device, it gets unlocked again. BSD
October 6, 2001 BSD