Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Using Samba to join a win 2000 Domain Post 28763 by gennaro on Tuesday 24th of September 2002 07:32:07 AM
Old 09-24-2002
Question Using Samba to join a win 2000 Domain

I am trying to set samba up to join my windows 2000 domain and I am having troubles
If anyone if familiar with this help would be greatly appreciated
I issue the following command
# ./smbpasswd -j DOMAIN -r DOMAINCONTROLER

And the following gets returned

load_client_codepage: filename /usr/local/samba/lib/codepages/codepage.850 does not exist.
load_unicode_map: filename /usr/local/samba/lib/codepages/unicode_map.850 does not exist.
load_unicode_map: filename /usr/local/samba/lib/codepages/unicode_map.ISO8859-1 does not exist.
fetch_domain_sid: unable to connect to SMB server on machine domain controller. Error was : SUCCESS - 0.
Failed to get domain SID. Unable to join domain DOMAIN

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Remote shell with Win 2000

I need to use the RSH command to run a shell script on my Unix box from Win 2000. I'm using the etc/hosts.equiv file for configuring Unix. In it I have the hostname and username as required. As a test, I enter the following on the Win 2000 dos command: rsh servername -l username df -k. The... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ebergh
8 Replies

2. Programming

ftp a file from remote pc of win 2000

Hello. I am programming in C on HP-UNIX system,i want ftp a file from remote pc which is window 2000 system,i donot how config my HP-UNIX and pc, i donot how program in C or in shell. Thank you for help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdyjm
3 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

win 2000

Dear user sorry if the subject is not for that fourm .. but I get mad .. I wana solve that problem.. I started my new semster .. and last semster.. and there I use the net under a very huge list of restriction .. no msn massenger .. no yahoo massenger .. no underground site .. no fourms (I am ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RuDe_BuT_CoOoL
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Samba NT vs 2000

Hi, I have set up Samba on my Unix machine. I can se the server in the Network on my 2000 and NT machine but when i try to connect from the 2000 Workstation it says something like "the account can not be used from this machine", when i connect from my NT server the BDC on the network it ask me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajjan2
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Freebsd and win 2000 working 2gether?

Hi Brothers, Please, I've just purchased a new PC and I would like to have both win 2000 and freebsd in the same hard drive, ( 40GB and 128Mb ) can you please help how to set up my new hard drive , please! Thank you..... aka Polymorphous (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Polymorphous
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Samba does not connect to domain

I have a samba server and a raid SAN which is actually running samba. Neither one lets me access anything on the samba unix side. I really do not know where to look anymore. there are no errors. When I try to connect to the samba server I get prompted with login and password repeatedly. Frank (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
4 Replies

7. Linux

Enable sudo for Win AD users authenticated with Linux samba winbind service

Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone ever came across the idea of unifying AD and Linux user accounts We have a Linux machine with 'samba' 'winbind' service configured to let Windows AD users to logon locally using their AD accounts and passwords. I can use 'su' to get to the local user privilege... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: will_mike
0 Replies

8. Ubuntu

How To Join NIS Domain to an Ubuntu workstation

Hi guys, i am having a problem :confused:actually i never did this before,so please help me to join nis domain to an ubuntu workstation. As i have configured and running NIS Server on RedHat 4.0 in my network and want to set an ubuntu workstation as client. please tell all steps......looking for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
2 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

cannot join xp or vista to samba domain (PDC)

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have a barebones XP Pro SP2 with no firewall. CentOS 5.xx running a Samba 3.xx Domain (PDC) The XP machine... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pogipants
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Open source s/w to join to AD domain

Looking for open source software to join my RHEL6.x to AD domain for . - Domain login - Group based restriction Already tested - Pbis open -> But rejected as some library conflicts - Realmd -> Not supportive for RHEL 6.x Please suggest any open source tools (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
2 Replies
MAKE_SMBCODEPAGE(1)													       MAKE_SMBCODEPAGE(1)

NAME
make_smbcodepage - construct a codepage file for Samba SYNOPSIS
make_smbcodepage c|d codepage inputfile outputfile DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the Samba suite. make_smbcodepage compiles or de-compiles codepage files for use with the internationalization features of Samba 2.2 OPTIONS
c|d This tells make_smbcodepage if it is compiling (c) a text format code page file to binary, or (d) de-compiling a binary codepage file to text. codepage This is the codepage we are processing (a number, e.g. 850). inputfile This is the input file to process. In the c case this will be a text codepage definition file such as the ones found in the Samba source/codepages directory. In the d case this will be the binary format codepage definition file normally found in the lib/code- pages directory in the Samba install directory path. outputfile This is the output file to produce. SAMBA CODEPAGE FILES
A text Samba codepage definition file is a description that tells Samba how to map from upper to lower case for characters greater than ascii 127 in the specified DOS code page. Note that for certain DOS codepages (437 for example) mapping from lower to upper case may be non-symmetrical. For example, in code page 437 lower case a acute maps to a plain upper case A when going from lower to upper case, but plain upper case A maps to plain lower case a when lower casing a character. A binary Samba codepage definition file is a binary representation of the same information, including a value that specifies what codepage this file is describing. As Samba does not yet use UNICODE (current for Samba version 2.2) you must specify the client code page that your DOS and Windows clients are using if you wish to have case insensitivity done correctly for your particular language. The default codepage Samba uses is 850 (West- ern European). Text codepage definition sample files are provided in the Samba distribution for codepages 437 (USA), 737 (Greek), 850 (Western European) 852 (MS-DOS Latin 2), 861 (Icelandic), 866 (Cyrillic), 932 (Kanji SJIS), 936 (Simplified Chinese), 949 (Hangul) and 950 (Traditional Chinese). Users are encouraged to write text codepage definition files for their own code pages and donate them to samba@samba.org. All codepage files in the Samba source/codepages directory are compiled and installed when a 'make install' command is issued there. The client codepage used by the smbd server is configured using the client code page parameter in the smb.conf file. FILES
codepage_def.<codepage> These are the input (text) codepage files provided in the Samba source/codepages directory. A text codepage definition file consists of multiple lines containing four fields. These fields are: o lower: which is the (hex) lower case character mapped on this line. o upper: which is the (hex) upper case character that the lower case character will map to. o map upper to lower which is a boolean value (put either True or False here) which tells Samba if it is to map the given upper case char- acter to the given lower case character when lower casing a filename. o map lower to upper which is a boolean value (put either True or False here) which tells Samba if it is to map the given lower case char- acter to the given upper case character when upper casing a filename. codepage.<codepage> - These are the output (binary) codepage files produced and placed in the Samba destination lib/codepage directory. INSTALLATION
The location of the server and its support files is a matter for individual system administrators. The following are thus suggestions only. It is recommended that the make_smbcodepage program be installed under the /usr/local/samba hierarchy, in a directory readable by all, writeable only by root. The program itself should be executable by all. The program should NOT be setuid or setgid! VERSION
This man page is correct for version 2.2 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
smbd(8) smb.conf(5) AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. The original Samba man pages were written by Karl Auer. The man page sources were converted to YODL format (another excellent piece of Open Source software, available at ftp://ftp.icce.rug.nl/pub/unix/ <URL:ftp://ftp.icce.rug.nl/pub/unix/>) and updated for the Samba 2.0 release by Jeremy Allison. The conversion to DocBook for Samba 2.2 was done by Gerald Carter 19 November 2002 MAKE_SMBCODEPAGE(1)