Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Eject Tape
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Eject Tape Post 2871 by bbhavis on Friday 8th of June 2001 05:21:30 AM
Old 06-08-2001
Eject Tape

Hi,

I'm using AIX and I'm looking for a command that can eject the tape. Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

BS

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

eject floppy messages

Anyone know if there is a way to keep the "/dev/floppy/... can now be ejected" messages from coming up on the screen? I'm using Solaris 8 and it pops a message up, which is fine, but it also writes text in the terminal session... that is what I'm trying to avoid. I have tried running in silent... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Serious_Lee
4 Replies

2. Solaris

cdrom will not eject

Hi I have placed a CD into the rom and now I can not eject it. when i type in eject cdrom i get the follwing error root@ssdb0009 # eject cdrom /vol/dev/rdsk/c0t6d0/dp_a0500_solaris_7_and_8_cd: Device busy Therefore i try and eject it with the -f option (eject -f cdrom) I still get the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dennisca
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cd rom dont eject

Hello I was installing oracle 9 release 2 on solaris 9 everything was fine but when the installation ask me for disk 2. I cant eject cdrom. sends me this message: /vol/dev/rdsk/c1t6d0/orc19201_1: Device busy I open another terminal and with root user try this eject cdrom and nothing. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Tape eject using nsrjb

We have just got a Sun L8 tape library and I was trying to script a couple of things. One was to eject (export) a tape from the machine. nsrjb seems to have an enormous amount of options but this is one thing I have not been able to do. Anybody ever managed to do it? Cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Argus
1 Replies

5. AIX

Eject CDROM?

Now i have a prolem! I double click on my zip file from cdrom. System can not read my zip file and i can not eject my cdrom. How can i manage process and can i end a process or how can i eject my cdrom? please have me! thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leenguyen0101
4 Replies

6. AIX

eject dvd/cd

does someone knows how to eject a dvd/cd device? thx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcpetela
2 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

force tape to eject on aix

Hi, I have a damaged tape that will not eject on aix. How can i force this. I tried tctl -f /dev/rmt0 offline But i get the following error: the media surface is damaged (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: progressdll
1 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

eject virtual tape

Hi i´m working with aix 6.1 and DL4100 (virtual tape library from EMC) and i makes backups (mksysb) into virtual drive (virtual standalone drive). I need eject de tape when backup is finished and I don't now what command use. Thanks for your help. The commands mt and tctl doesn't works.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolaf
0 Replies

9. AIX

Eject tape and many options

Dear Guy's I'm using this command to eject the tape and I got many options /root>mt -f /dev/rmt0 eject mt: 0511-575 eject is not a recognized subcommand. Usage: mt Subcommand Valid subcommands are: weof eof fsf bsf fsr ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Trying to eject cdrom

The green cdrom light is blinking on our Sun Solaris server. I tried the eject command to eject cdrom: eject cdrom cdrom: No such file or directory bash-2.05# eject No default media available bash-2.05# eject cdrom0 cdrom0: No such file or directory The message log file shows: Oct 19... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: agarcia19
6 Replies
AMTAPE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 AMTAPE(8)

NAME
amtape - user interface to Amanda tape changer controls SYNOPSIS
amtape config command [ command options ] DESCRIPTION
Amtape performs tape changer control operations. It uses the underlying tape changer script defined by the tpchanger option for a particu- lar Amanda configuration as specified by the config argument. Tape changers maintain a notion of the current and next slot for each configuration. These may or may not correspond to an actual physical state of the device, but do tend to minimize searching through the tape storage slots. If the desired tape is in the current slot, it is likely the next tape needed is in the next slot rather than at some random position in the storage slots. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. COMMANDS
reset Reset the tape changer to a known state. The current slot is set to the first slot. Other device-specific side effects may occur. Some gravity stackers need to be reset to the top position by hand. This command notifies Amanda the stacker is back in that posi- tion. eject If a tape is loaded in the drive, it is ejected and returned to the slot from which it was loaded. clean If a cleaning tape is defined for the changer, it is used to clean the drive. show Show the contents of all slots. This can be slow. label label Search for and load the Amanda tape with label label. taper Perform the taper scan algorithm. Load the next tape in the configuration's tape sequence, or a fresh tape with a suitable label. device Display the name of the current tape device on stdout. current Display the current slot. update Update the changer label database, if it has one, to match the tapes now available. slot slot Eject any tape in the drive and put it away, then load the tape from slot slot and reset current. slot current Eject any tape in the drive and put it away, then load the tape from the current slot. slot prev Eject any tape in the drive and put it away, then load the tape from the previous slot and reset current. slot next Eject any tape in the drive and put it away, then load the tape from the next slot and reset current. slot first Eject any tape in the drive and put it away, then load the tape from the first slot and reset current. slot last Eject any tape in the drive and put it away, then load the tape from the last slot and reset current. slot advance Eject any tape in the drive and put it away. Advance current to the next tape, but do not load it. This is useful with non-gravity stackers to unload the last tape used and set up Amanda for the next run. If you just use eject, the current tape will be mounted again in the next run, where it will be rejected as being still in use, ejected and the next tape requested. Using slot next followed by eject does an unnecessary mount. Note: most changers optimize the slot commands to not eject the loaded tape if it is the one being requested. AUTHOR
James da Silva <jds@cs.umd.edu> University of Maryland, College Park SEE ALSO
amanda(8) AMTAPE(8)