Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How can I tell if a filesystem is NFS mounted? Post 28638 by Kelam_Magnus on Saturday 21st of September 2002 08:42:11 PM
Old 09-21-2002
mount -a will show all mount points defined in fstab

You also will need to check the fstab or vfstab file to ensure that none are configured there as well.

You can have some configured manually that will go away when you umount them, but if any are in the fstab they will remount upon a reboot.

also do your equivalent of df -k or bdf to see what all is mounted and umount the offending ones.

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounted Root Filesystem

In my Solaris 10 based server, I have noticed the following mounts when a use DF -K /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 5062414 3213876 1797914 65% / / 5062414 3213876 1797914 65% /net/se420 I understand the first mount because it appears in my vfstab file and is the mount of root that I would expect.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Testing if nfs filesystem is mounted

Hello, I have a backup script that backs up my system to a nfs mounted file system. The mount point on my local system is /backup. I want my script to check whether the nfs file system is mounted on /backup before actually backing anything up. Even if the nfs file system was NOT mounted,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xadamz23
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Remote mount an already mounted nfs filesystem

Hello all, We're using JET to build our systems.. I'm in the process of needing to build a centrally located JET box with access to all our networks rather that 2 or 3 dotted around. Part of the means I need to locate the boot & OS images on an NFS mount (via NETAPP filer).. However in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itsupplies
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/ filesystem is mounted read only

how do you fsck the / filesystem? I know it does it automatically the next time I boot up following a switch on the wall shutdown but is there a flad somewhere that forces this on next boot up? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGK
2 Replies

5. Solaris

UFS filesystem mounted on 2 hosts question

I have two Unix (Solaris) hosts that are both attached to our SAN. They are both presented with the same luns. What I want to do is have the same UFS filesystem mounted on both hosts at the same time. What I am trying to accomplish is creating a zone that will reside on both hosts but only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beaker457
2 Replies

6. Solaris

NFS mounted files

If I am not a system admin. How can I tell where a particular mounted file is mounted from. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
12 Replies

7. Red Hat

doubt in NFS mounted filesystem in linux

Hi, I have some filesystem which is nfs mounted and shared to other servers. Nfs server name= nfsserver (here filesystem is locally mounted) server name where filesystem is shared = sharedserver1 and sharedserver2 filesystem which is shared = /filesystem1 when i am checking utilization by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anshu ranjan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if NAS filesystem is mounted

Anyone know the best way to check and see if a NAS filesystem is mounted on a linux box. I have no idea where to start :wall:. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d3mon_spawn
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Have mounted a filesystem in /var and now cannot log in

hi, i might not be posting my question in the right place because i don't know where to post questions my question is like this i created a partition named 'var' in the SOLARIS os .,and then i knowingly mounted it on /var ..now after doing this am not able to login to my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_4_u
4 Replies

10. AIX

Filesystem Mounted at the server

Hello Gurus, Can you please suggest what is the command of all the filesystems which are mounted at the server. Thanks- Pokhraj Das (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
1 Replies
UMOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     UMOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
umount.nfs, umount.nfs4 - unmount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
umount.nfs dir [-fvnrlh ] DESCRIPTION
umount.nfs and umount.nfs4 are a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. umount.nfs4 and umount.nfs are meant to be used by the umount(8) command for unmounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. dir is the directory on which the file system is mounted. OPTIONS
-f Force unmount the file system in case of unreachable NFS system. -v Be verbose. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip delet- ing an entry. -r In case unmounting fails, try to mount read-only. -l Lazy unmount. Detach the file system from the file system hierarchy now, and cleanup all references to the file system as soon as it is not busy anymore. -h Print help message. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and umount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), umount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 6 Jun 2006 UMOUNT.NFS(8)