Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File names that contain "01" act hidden Post 2861 by n9ninchd on Thursday 7th of June 2001 04:55:15 PM
Old 06-07-2001
Those files that were created did not show up, but they were created.

The do not show up in the LS command
but they are there, like hidden system files on a PC in dos mode

Nothing with a dot, anything, and I mean anything, with "01" in the file name is not showing, its there, just not listing

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

total number of files which have "aaa" in files whose names are File*_bbb*

I am getting the list of all the files which have "aaa" from files whose name is File*_bbb*. grep -l "aaa" File*_bbb* But I want to count the number of files. That is I want the total number of files which have "aaa" in files File*_bbb* If I run the following for getting number of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudheshnaiyer
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to remove a file names as "-a"

Hi, How to remove a file accidently named (created) as "-a". I have tried rm \-a but its not working. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file names and select correct elements to include in "for each loop"

Hi everyone, I`ll try to be most clear I can explaining my help request. I have 2 folders Folder A-->This folder receives files through FTP constantly Folder B-->The files from Folder A are unzipped and then processed in Folder B Sometimes Folder A doesn`t contain all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing "Hidden Characters" on a file

Hi - I'm having a problem with hidden characters on Linux. When I produced an output from Oracle database, there is a an extra "Hidden Character" included on the output. How can I remove that character? See below: The extra dollar sign is creating a new line on my .csv output file. I... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jin_
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

The "read" command misinterprets file names containing spaces

The "read" command, which is built into bash, takes words from the standard input. However, "read" is not good at taking file names if the file names contain spaces. I would like my bash script to ask the user to enter file names, which may contain spaces. Can you think about any technique for... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: LessNux
14 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Only "File Names" in 2 Files with file lists having different directory structure

I have a tar arcive arch_all.tar.gz and 4 batched tar archive . These batches are supposed to have all the files form arch1.all.tar.gz arch1_batch1.tar.gz arch1_batch2.tar.gz arch1_batch3.tar.gz arch1_batch4.tar.gz my issue is that the directory structure in "arch_all.tar.gz" is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumang24
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
FILESCHANGED(1) 						   User Commands						   FILESCHANGED(1)

NAME
fileschanged - displays altered files SYNOPSIS
fileschanged [OPTION...] [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Monitors FILEs for alterations. Display the filenames of FILEs that were created, changed, deleted, started execution or finished execut- ing. -s, --show=EVENT[,...] Display created, changed, deleted, executing, or executed files (Default is "created,changed") -a, --show-all Display all file events and the associated action -f, --files-to-monitor (Default) Monitor the FILEs on the command line -l, --filelist=FILE Monitor the list of filenames inside FILE -L, --dereference Don't monitor symlinks, monitor what's pointed to -r, --recursive Monitor subdirectories of directories -t, --timeout=N Delay showing changed files for N seconds (Def=2) -p, --display-action Display action when showing altered files -x, --exec=PROG Run PROG when file is altered (PROG action filename) -?, --help Give this help list --usage Give a short usage message -V, --version Print program version FILEs must exist when monitoring begins, or they will not be monitored. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <benasselstine@users.sf.net>. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for fileschanged is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and fileschanged programs are properly installed at your site, the command info fileschanged should give you access to the complete manual. fileschanged 0.6.5 July 2010 FILESCHANGED(1)