Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: New www.unix.com search
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators New www.unix.com search Post 28578 by raju on Friday 20th of September 2002 09:41:08 AM
Old 09-20-2002
Bug

search for editors....
and u get lot whole vi's...
raju

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

www.unix.com

Of late, when i start www.unix.com my system is going to 100% CPU and takes lot of time to get the information. I think this is happening after adding the graphics on the page. Has anyone seen this problem..Sorry to post this here.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sssow
6 Replies

2. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

scripts/programs/code posted to www.unix.com

Every now and then our users post complete programs to this site. It is especially important that these contributions don't get lost, so I will collect them here. Some of these programs are intended to demonstrate a programming technique and some are ready to run. As a guideline, the code... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Access to https://www.unix.com/source?

Folks, Hope this is not a newbie question, but it might end up being that. I wanted to retrieve the source code for unix_linux_bench as directed on https://www.unix.com/linux-benchmarks/11175-instructions-linux-benchmarks.html When one clicks on the links specified for download, the browser... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wagdalule
1 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Problem connecting to www.unix.com

I've been having a problem connecting to the forum. I know it is just something with my computer but I have no idea what it is. It started last week. Every time I connect I get this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> - <rss version="2.0"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vi-Curious
2 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Www.UNIX.com is slow today ???

Hi, Just wanting to know if there is any issues today with the site. Initially I thought it is my internet connection or computer but regardless which one I use, the site has been slow and it is also not showing with the right fonts etc. I've been trying for the last 12+ hours and it's always been... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
21 Replies
netid(4)							   File Formats 							  netid(4)

NAME
netid - netname database SYNOPSIS
/etc/netid DESCRIPTION
The netid file is a local source of information on mappings between netnames (see secure_rpc(3NSL)) and user ids or hostnames in the local domain. The netid file can be used in conjunction with, or instead of, the network source: NIS or NIS+. The publickey entry in the nss- witch.conf (see nsswitch.conf(4)) file determines which of these sources will be queried by the system to translate netnames to local user ids or hostnames. Each entry in the netid file is a single line of the form: netname uid:gid, gid, gid... or netname 0:hostname The first entry associates a local user id with a netname. The second entry associates a hostname with a netname. The netid file field descriptions are as follows: netname The operating system independent network name for the user or host. netname has one of two formats. The format used to specify a host is of the form: unix.hostname@domain where hostname is the name of the host and domain is the network domain name. The format used to specify a user id is of the form: unix.uid@domain where uid is the numerical id of the user and domain is the network domain name. uid The numerical id of the user (see passwd(4)). When specifying a host name, uid is always zero. group The numerical id of the group the user belongs to (see group(4)). Several groups, separated by commas, may be listed for a single uid. hostname The local hostname (see hosts(4)). Blank lines are ignored. Any part of a line to the right of a `#' symbol is treated as a comment. EXAMPLES
Example 1 A sample netid file. Here is a sample netid file: unix.789@West.Sun.COM 789:30,65 unix.123@Bldg_xy.Sun.COM 123:20,1521 unix.candlestick@campus1.bayarea.EDU 0:candlestick FILES
/etc/group groups file /etc/hosts hosts database /etc/netid netname database /etc/passwd password file /etc/publickey public key database SEE ALSO
netname2user(3NSL), secure_rpc(3NSL), group(4), hosts(4), nsswitch.conf(4), passwd(4), publickey(4) SunOS 5.11 23 May 1994 netid(4)