Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ASP and Databases on UNIX?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ASP and Databases on UNIX? Post 2852 by dkropolis on Thursday 7th of June 2001 03:27:28 PM
Old 06-07-2001
Could I use ChiliSoft ASP with MySQL on UNIX like I use it with SQL7 on NT? Are there limitations that will keep me from using the same pages on the UNIX system?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ASP alternatives

I have just found out that a project I have developed in ASP (ultradev) needs to be migrated to a unix server and won't be able to support asp. Can anyone point me in the right direction to see what my options are with Unix? I have never worked with or developed for a Unix box before. Also,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ricki
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix and databases

I had a person ask me if a Sql database can be run with Unix? I don't know can this be done? They only have Sql dba's and no oracle dba but want to use a Unix box???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tyranunn
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP for ASP-master

I have build myself a ASP-forum, but the new server of my client doesn't support ASP, now I want to know how I can make a simmilar forum in PHP. Does anyone know where I can find some sort of manual PHP for ASP-freakz?! :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Silver
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ASP.net in unix based system

Hi Guys, i am new to the fourms.. i have one doubt related to unix.. i was developed one application in asp.net under windows platfrom. i want to run this application in sun one web server under unix environment.. Its possible or not .. please calrify my doubt. Thanks and Regards... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksathiya76
1 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

ASP.net in unix based system. Someone Help Me

Hi Guys, i am new to the fourms.. i have one doubt related to unix.. i was developed one application in asp.net under windows platfrom. i want to run this application in sun one web server under unix environment.. Its possible or not .. please calrify my doubt. Thanks and Regards... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksathiya76
4 Replies

6. AIX

From ASP.NET to Oracle on unix

Dear all , I have a serious question and i need an answer before i go throught a new project. I have an oracle DB is on remote UNIX box.How can I connect through ASP.net on a windows server machine to the oracle db and do all the jobs i need (insert ,update delete) ? is their is a way ?? please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoshakhs
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two databases

Hello, I have two databases one is student_Name and another is student_Name1...Two tabled contain 200 records each..I found that near 30 names are entered in both databases..I would like to remove the duplicates..and i have to keep the name which is newly added..Please hepl how to remove... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjali_vee
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in backing up of databases.

Hi Everyone, I am new to DBA stuff. I wonder if anyone can help me. Task is that, I have 10 databases and need to take backups of all the databases using data pump in Unix/Linux, compress them using gzip and use cron to schedule the job twice a day. Appreciate if anyone can help me in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreepriya0987
1 Replies

9. Programming

MySQL Databases

Hello all again, How do you guys backup your MySQL databases? I have a few programs that have an default back up that make an .sql file which is great but I also use OpenX which runs on PHP and has a database. That does not have an auto-back-up feature so do I just download the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AimyThomas
2 Replies
SQL::ReservedWords::MySQL(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    SQL::ReservedWords::MySQL(3pm)

NAME
SQL::ReservedWords::MySQL - Reserved SQL words by MySQL SYNOPSIS
if ( SQL::ReservedWords::MySQL->is_reserved( $word ) ) { print "$word is a reserved MySQL word!"; } DESCRIPTION
Determine if words are reserved by MySQL. METHODS
is_reserved( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by either MySQL 3.2, 4.0, 4.1, 5.0 or 5.1. is_reserved_by_mysql3( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by MySQL 3.2. is_reserved_by_mysql4( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by either MySQL 4.0 or 4.1. is_reserved_by_mysql5( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by either MySQL 5.0 or 5.1. reserved_by( $word ) Returns a list with MySQL versions that reserves $word. words Returns a list with all reserved words. EXPORTS
Nothing by default. Following subroutines can be exported: is_reserved is_reserved_by_mysql3 is_reserved_by_mysql4 is_reserved_by_mysql5 reserved_by words SEE ALSO
SQL::ReservedWords <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/> AUTHOR
Christian Hansen "chansen@cpan.org" COPYRIGHT
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-28 SQL::ReservedWords::MySQL(3pm)