Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using Signals
Top Forums Programming Using Signals Post 2829 by PxT on Wednesday 6th of June 2001 04:18:55 PM
Old 06-06-2001
SIGCHLD is delivered to the parent when the child exits. Use signal(2) to trap this signal and react to it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Signals In HP-UX

does the way of handling, interrupting signals in HP-UX same as that of solaris. If there is difference than what it is.?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kapilv
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Signals...

(posted this in the scripting forum as well, but figured it should go here) So, what's going on is this: For our program, we had to create our own shell, and if the user pressed ctrl-c just at the cmdline, then this signal would be ignored, but if there is a foreground process running, let's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blind melon
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

threads and signals

can any one give me an example of a concurrency program in threads and signals, i.e how to deliver messages between threads using signals. thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe_7
0 Replies

4. Programming

threads and signals

can any one give me an example of a concurrency program in threads and signals, i.e how to deliver messages between threads using signals. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe_7
2 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

How to debug signals

Hi, In our program, we are using SIGTERM and i tired to put break point in this function. But my debuger is unable to brake at that point. I am working on Mac X and using XCode. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saurabh78
0 Replies

6. Programming

Can we debug Signals

Hi, In our program, we are using SIGTERM and i tired to put break point in this function. But my debuger is unable to brake at that point. I am working on Mac X and using XCode. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Saurabh78
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help understanding signals

I am having trouble with folowing sigset_t s; // now s represents set of signals sigemptyset(&s) ; // initialize this set and exclude all the signals from it.is it empty? sigaddset(&s,SIGILL);//this set containts only SIGILL signal sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK,&s,NULL);//lost on this one Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joker40
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perror with signals

I have following problem with this code.. First time trough the main loop..... perror gives ....blocked signal:success(all other times gives illlegal seek) Should every time trought the main loop be success?? And the perror otside of main loop...didn't change mask:success That line of code... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Blocking signals

I know how to add signal to a set. But what if I want to add 2 or 3 signals to the set. I know I can use sigaddset (&set,SIGBUS)....but what if I want to add SIGBUS and SIGALRM at once. Do i have to do it like this.. sigaddset (&set,SIGBUS); sigaddset (&set,SIGALRM); Is there another way to... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with Signals

Hi All, The problem statement is as below: Problem: A process (exe) is getting executed in background. The output of this process is getting logged in a file. After successfully running for some time the process gets terminated. In the log file following is present: ^M[7m Interrupt ^M[27m... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praty.27
8 Replies
PTHREAD_ATFORK(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					 PTHREAD_ATFORK(3)

NAME
pthread_atfork -- register handlers to be called before and after fork() SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_atfork(void (*prepare)(void), void (*parent)(void), void (*child)(void)); DESCRIPTION
The pthread_atfork() function declares fork handlers to be called before and after fork(2), in the context of the thread that called fork(2). The handlers registered with pthread_atfork() are called at the moments in time described below: prepare Before fork(2) processing commences in the parent process. If more than one prepare handler is registered they will be called in the opposite order they were registered. parent After fork(2) completes in the parent process. If more than one parent handler is registered they will be called in the same order they were registered. child After fork(2) processing completes in the child process. If more than one child handler is registered they will be called in the same order they were registered. If no handling is desired at one or more of these three points, a null pointer may be passed as the corresponding fork handler. Important: only async-signal-safe functions are allowed on the child side of fork(). See sigaction(2) for details. RETURN VALUES
If successful, the pthread_atfork() function will return zero. Otherwise an error number will be returned to indicate the error. ERRORS
The pthread_atfork() function will fail if: [ENOMEM] The system lacked the necessary resources to add another handler to the list. SEE ALSO
fork(2), pthread(3) STANDARDS
The pthread_atfork() conforms to ISO/IEC 9945-1:1996 (``POSIX.1''). BSD
June 21, 2004 BSD