Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Speed of network link
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Speed of network link Post 28091 by The Fridgerator on Thursday 12th of September 2002 04:55:35 PM
Old 09-12-2002
dont you already know if it is a 10MBS network card, wont its max be 10MBS??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

network speed is slow

Hello, everyone: i encounter a problem these days , pls help me ,thanks in advance. my env: machine: ES40 A ES40 B os: true64 Unix 4.0f note: src.tar 8M network card speed 100M my problem: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: q30
3 Replies

2. AIX

AIX - Determining link speed

I am trying to find a command to return the "link" speed of the networks installed on AIX. ifconfig - gives me where the link is up and the duplex setting. I need to determine for example if the ethernet connection is 10, 100, 1000 Mbs or what the current speed is based on the network media... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlgo
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Network speed on HPUX

Hello, can anyone tell me how to change network speed or duplex speed...don't understand the concept why that is imp when the server comes back up to check up on it. Basically have to make sure that the setting from the orginial speed. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: catwomen
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

network speed not tale with the port setting

Hi all, one of my Sun Box facing the problem. The network port i had set to Auto-Negotiated and i had edited the /etc/system/ file in the Sun box as below: set hme:hme_adv_autoneg_cap=1 set hme:hme_adv_100fdx_cap=0 set hme:hme_adv_100hdx_cap=0 But when i checked the /var/adm/messages/, it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Change speed on network card

I recently learned that Sun Solaris network cards (ce devices) have problems with ndd -get commands. I did some searching and found out about the netstat -k command to show me the link speed. What is the best way to change the link speed (both one time and permanently)? I am running Solaris 9... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Increasing link speed on ce0.

Hi, Does anyone know how to increase the link speed on a ce interface? Currently mine is running at 100. I need to increase this to 1000. # kstat -p ce:0::link* ce:0:ce0:link_T4 0 ce:0:ce0:link_asmpause 0 ce:0:ce0:link_duplex 2 ce:0:ce0:link_pause 0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
4 Replies

7. Solaris

network speed

i have first server (sun solaris 5.10) for example X(172.x.x.x) and i have second server (sun solaris 5.10) for example Y(192.x.x.x) also we have 3 clients PC (windows XP)(172.x.x.x) the X server connect to Y server and to clients PC * who to know the network speed between X and Y * who to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anwar
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to see network speed of virtual linux machine?

After installing PV (Para virtual drivers) drivers I m not able to check the network speed of my Ethernet port. Please check the output of mii-tool and ethtool. # mii-tool eth0 SIOCGMIIPHY on 'eth0' failed: Operation not supported # ethtool eth0 Settings for eth0: Link... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies

9. Hardware

How to test the speed of your WIFI network?

Dear all, Would you know how to measure the max speed of a WIFI connection between a router and a laptop for instance? Many thanks for your help! Regards, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Local Network Speed

Dear All, I have an intel NUC running CentOS 7 and physically connected to my Netgear CBVG834G router. They both have Gigabit Ethernet cards and supposedly a top notch network cable connecting the two devices. But when I run ethtool the connection is only running at 100Mbit/s What can I do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
3 Replies
CARD(1) 								FSF								   CARD(1)

NAME
card - print reference card of program options SYNOPSIS
card [OPTION]... PROGRAM... DESCRIPTION
Print a reference card of the PROGRAMs thanks to their inline help. OPTIONS
-h, --help display this help and exit -v, --version display version information and exit -o, --output=FILE save the output in FILE -l, --language=LL print the help in the language LL (default: English) --command=CMD perform pretty-printing on the output of CMD (e.g. --command='netscape -help') Options for a2ps are given after `--', for instance $ card -lfr a2ps -- -Pdisplay -4 News, updates and documentation: http://www.inf.enst.fr/~demaille/a2ps/ AUTHOR
Written by Akim Demaille. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-a2ps@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-99 Akim Demaille, Miguel Santana This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
a2ps(1), card(1), fixps(1), pdiff(1), psset(1), texi2dvi4a2ps(1). The full documentation for card is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and card programs are properly installed at your site, the command info card should give you access to the complete manual. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+----------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+----------------------+ |Availability | SUNWa2psu SUNWa2psr | +--------------------+----------------------+ |Interface Stability | External | +--------------------+----------------------+ NOTES
Source for a2ps is available on http://opensolaris.org. card 1.3 (GNU a2ps 4.13) February 2000 CARD(1)