Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users remote file copy across 2 systems (AIX and SCO) Post 28074 by Philip Whaley on Thursday 12th of September 2002 10:08:23 AM
Old 09-12-2002
.and maybe also......

And be careful to remember that Kerberos or DCE may be presenting another layer of security that is preventing the operation.

If you don't have PSSP installed or haven't actively installed & activated DCE etc you will not need to consider this...

I'm not so sure about the SCO end of things. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote file copy

I facing a problem with Unix command "rcp". I unable to perform a rcp between host machines. I have religiously followed the man pages, but still unable to solve the problem. Do i check for anything to perform this command? Pls help....thanks =) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lchunl
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

help me to copy remote file

I want to copy dump generated from oracle database to my local DAT drive. Currently I am copying remote file to local drive thru rcp command and later copy it to local DAT. Pls. help me in this. Thanks Man Mohan email address removed (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manmohan73
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Openserver 6 Remote File Transfer

Hi, I have a server which has SCO Openserver 6 on it and also kermit installed, unfortunately I can't seem to get kermit to send or receive files, is there another way I can use to transfer files remotely? I only have remote access to the server via a dial up modem Any comments/suggestions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Martyn
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a file on remote server

I have ssh keys setup and running properly between two servers. I have a Korn shell script that is logging into the remote server and needs to backup the authorized_keys and/or authorized_keys2 files. The following syntax works perfectly ------------------------------------- ssh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunsysadm2003
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a file on remote servers

Hey Unix Gurus, I'm having trouble in copying a file on 5 different servers, first how can you do it locally (i.e without the need to ssh to the server you want to copy the file) and if you need to ssh how do u run a command within that server. Please see my code below(it doesn't work somehow).... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sexyTrojan
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy file systems

I have to copy 3 file systems from one machine to another on the same local network. Total data is about 150gb. There is not enough free space on the source system to tar the files and then copy. I have to do this remotely, no tape or dvd I need to maintain permissions and ownership. I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing value in a file on all remote systems.

Hello All, I want to replace a value of a string in a file on all the remote systems. The file is /opt/adapter/Adapter/snmp/conf/snmpd.conf and the parameter to be replaces if "rocommunity" for which current value is "public" and wish to change it to "sp1der". i did trying it through sed, but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
4 Replies

8. SCO

Sco unix 5.0 copy file to pen drive

I have a server unix Sco 5.0 and copy some backup files to flopy drive using command "Tar", but i like copy this files to pen drive, is possible ? my know about Sco is less. Tks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger2112
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Diff on remote servers file systems

Iam trying to compare two file systems on two hosts basically to check them to be in sync I dont have rsync so trying to use diff Let me know how to do it.... Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baanprog
3 Replies

10. AIX

AIX Cluster Show shared file systems.

Hello, I am working on applications on an AIX 6.1 two-node cluster, with an active and passive node. Is there a command that will show me which mount points / file systems are shared and 'swing' from one node to the other when the active node changes, and which mount points are truly local to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Clovis_Sangrail
6 Replies
RCP(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    RCP(1)

NAME
rcp -- remote file copy SYNOPSIS
rcp [-46p] file1 file2 rcp [-46pr] file ... directory DESCRIPTION
rcp copies files between machines. Each file or directory argument is either a remote file name of the form ``rname@rhost:path'', or a local file name (containing no ':' (colon) characters, or a '/' (slash) before any ':' (colon) characters). The rhost can be an IPv4 or an IPv6 address string. Since IPv6 addresses already contain ':' (colon) characters, an IPv6 address string must be enclosed between '[' (left square bracket) and ']' (right square bracket) characters. Otherwise, the first occurrence of a ':' (colon) character would be interpreted as the separator between the rhost and the path. For example, [2001:DB8::800:200C:417A]:tmp/file Options: -4 Use IPv4 addresses only. -6 Use IPv6 addresses only. -p The -p option causes rcp to attempt to preserve (duplicate) in its copies the modification times and modes of the source files, ignor- ing the umask. By default, the mode and owner of file2 are preserved if it already existed; otherwise the mode of the source file mod- ified by the umask(2) on the destination host is used. -r If any of the source files are directories, rcp copies each subtree rooted at that name; in this case the destination must be a direc- tory. If path is not a full path name, it is interpreted relative to the login directory of the specified user ruser on rhost, or your current user name if no other remote user name is specified. A path on a remote host may be quoted (using , ", or ') so that the metacharacters are interpreted remotely. rcp does not prompt for passwords; it performs remote execution via rsh(1), and requires the same authorization. rcp handles third party copies, where neither source nor target files are on the current machine. SEE ALSO
cp(1), ftp(1), rcmd(1), rlogin(1), rsh(1), rcmd(3), hosts.equiv(5), rhosts(5), environ(7) HISTORY
The rcp utility appeared in 4.2BSD. The version of rcp described here has been reimplemented with Kerberos in 4.3BSD-Reno. BUGS
Doesn't detect all cases where the target of a copy might be a file in cases where only a directory should be legal. Is confused by any output generated by commands in a .login, .profile, or .cshrc file on the remote host. The destination user and hostname may have to be specified as ``rhost.rname'' when the destination machine is running the 4.2BSD version of rcp. BSD
March 8, 2005 BSD