Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting making shellvariables public to child processes Post 28021 by janr on Wednesday 11th of September 2002 10:10:55 AM
Old 09-11-2002
I think

^M causes the error message, did you copy this file from a microsoft platform?

See thread for a sollution
:https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?...hlight=linefeed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what are parent and child processes all about?

I don't follow what these are... this is what my text says... "When a process is started, a duplicate of that process is created. This new process is called the child and the process that created it is called the parent. The child process then replaces the copy for the code the parent... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xyyz
1 Replies

2. Programming

Controlling child processes

Hello all, I am trying to create n child processes and control them from a parent process; say make child 3 print its pid and then child 5 do the same and some other stuff. Is there a way to accomplishing this after all the child processes are created via a call to fork(). Thank you, FG (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumGuy
23 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parent/Child Processes

Hello. I have a global function name func1() that I am sourcing in from script A. I call the function from script B. Is there a way to find out which script called func1() dynamically so that the func1() can report it in the event there are errors? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoi2hot4ya
2 Replies

4. Programming

fork() and child processes

Hello, How many child processes are actually created when running this code ? #include <signal.h> #include <stdio.h> int main () { int i ; setpgrp () ; for (i = 0; i < 10; i++) { if (fork () == 0) { if ( i & 1 ) setpgrp () ; printf ("Child id: %2d, group: %2d\n", getpid(),... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: green_dot
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

fork() and child processes

Hello, How many child processes are actually created when running this code ? #include <signal.h> #include <stdio.h> int main () { int i ; setpgrp () ; for (i = 0; i < 10; i++) { if (fork () == 0) { if ( i & 1 ) setpgrp () ; printf ("Child id: %2d, group: %2d\n",... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: green_dot
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Kill all child processes on trap

hi OS: Sun Solaris I have a scenario that when someone presses ctrl-c while executing a shell script, it should not just exit. it should kill all the child processes started by the running shell script only. I am executing many other scripts parallely which in turn fork off more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

killing all child processes

Hi, Is there a way I can kill all the child processes of a process, given its process id. Many thanks in advance. J. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: superuser84
1 Replies

8. Programming

Connecting child processes to the server

I try to fork child processes and they connect to a server. At the beginning, I create a socket(1 socket for all child processes), after that at each child process I connect to the server using connect function but I get this error msg:"Transport endpoint is already connected" but if I create a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
2 Replies

9. Programming

fork(), parent and child processes???

Hi friends, I have a small question regarding unix system call fork, I hope you will solve my problem. Here is the small program $ cat fork1.c #include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <sys/types.h> int main() { int pid; int x = 0; x = x + 1; pid = fork(); if(pid < 0) {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get all child processes of a process

is there a universal way of getting the children of a particular process? i'm looking for a solution that works across different OSes...linux, aix, sunos, hpux. i did a search online and i kept finding answers that were specific to Linux..i.e. pstree. i want to be able to specify a process... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)