Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers FreeBSD 4.6 Video Settings for Xwindows Post 27936 by charlie499 on Tuesday 10th of September 2002 04:25:00 AM
Old 09-10-2002
FreeBSD 4.6 Video Settings for Xwindows

I have set-up FreeBSD on an HP Vectra Intel Based PC, now when I go to /stand/sysinstall and "do a post installation configuration" and try to set-up the XFree86 server under Video card the model of my card does not exist. My video card model is SiS 6205 but FreeBSD supports or listed only 5205. I pressume this is the main hurdle why my "startx" command to launch Xwindows is not succesful. How could I get the correct driver for my video Thanks.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xwindows will not start with FreeBSD 4.2

I have tried to start X windonws using the startx command. It fails. the error message I receive is: warning: 'fonts.dir' not found (or not valid) in "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/font/local". Entry deleted from font path (Run 'mkfontdir' on "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/local) xf86Openconsole: KDEABOP... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanderer00
2 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

New FreeBSD User....Xwindows Problem

Hi, would anybody kindly help me as I am new in FreeBSD 4.4 (downloaded iso image from FreeBSD.org) and have installed it to an HP VEctra Pentium 1-166Mhz PC, have installled all the devices mouse,video card,monitor and some ports specifically to Xfree86 and all gnome related to "X" but when I type... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlie499
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal Video Settings

I am not a Solaris (Unix) guy so i need help. I am trying to get a Sun Ultra 5 running Solaris 8 to display the correct video for my KVM switch. I have set the CDE to 1024x768x75 and have no problem with video using this setting in CDE. When I shut down the server or boot up the server it is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cchyzm
4 Replies

4. Solaris

video adapter settings

Hi Please help to set the video adapter resolution, frequency. By default the frequency is 66Hz, 61 kHz, and the resolution 1024*768. Can I set different values. We use Solaris WS, SPARC. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrey Malishev
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Video Cards :: Video Memory Intercept and Redirect

I need a broad spectrum understanding on this subject, and any help would be greatly appreciated. First of all, as I understand it... The way the video hardware works is the CPU sends information about input and possible changes to the display, the video card receives these changes, makes the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciNG
2 Replies
pods::SDL::VideoInfo(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 pods::SDL::VideoInfo(3pm)

NAME
SDL::VideoInfo - Video Target Information CATEGORY Core, Video, Structure SYNOPSIS
my $video_info = SDL::Video::get_video_info(); VideoInfo is only accessible "SDL::Video::get_video_info". This module only provides getters to the struct "SDL_VideoInfo". DESCRIPTION
This object is a read-only structure and is returned by "SDL::Video::get_video_info". It contains information on either the best available mode if called before "SDL::Video::set_video_mode" or the current video mode if called after "SDL::Video::set_video_mode". METHODS
hw_available $video_info->hw_available() # 1 if Hardware Accelerated Surfaces available Is it possible to create hardware surfaces ? wm_available $video_info->wm_available() # 1 if Window Manager available Is there a window manager available ? blit_hw $video_info->blit_hw() Are hardware to hardware blits accelerated ? blit_hw_CC $video_info->blit_hw_CC() Are hardware to hardware colorkey blits accelerated ? blit_hw_A $video_info->blit_hw_A() Are hardware to hardware alpha blits accelerated ? blit_sw $video_info->blit_sw() Are software to hardware blits accelerated ? blit_sw_CC $video_info->blit_sw_CC() Are software to hardware colorkey blits accelerated ? blit_sw_A $video_info->blit_sw_A() Are software to hardware alpha blits accelerated ? blit_fill $video_info->blit_fill() Are color fills accelerated ? video_mem my $video_mem = $video_info->video_mem(); Total amount of video memory in Kilobytes, should be accessed only if hw_available == 1, otherwise it is equal to 0 vfmt my $vd_pixel_format = $video_info->vfmt(); "SDL::PixelFormat" of the video device current_w, current_h $video_info->current_w(); $video_info->current_h(); Width and height of the current video mode, or of the desktop mode if "SDL_GetVideoInfo" was called before "SDL::Video::set_video_mode" (available since SDL 1.2.10) SEE ALSO
SDL::Video, SDL::PixelFormat AUTHORS
See "AUTHORS" in SDL. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-28 pods::SDL::VideoInfo(3pm)