Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Windows XP Professional and FreeBSD Post 27852 by Luftwaffe on Sunday 8th of September 2002 04:48:14 PM
Old 09-08-2002
I used Samba to mount my windows parition on my linux box.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any Professional Help me in this ?

Hello Here i got a problem, i bought new 40GB hard disk today, i made it as Primary Slave, No when i install Solaris, it says disk need fdisk to make solaris partition, but it does not say which disk need partition, i mean i have two disks, how i suppose to know which disk this will partition,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access FreeBSD (BSD) partition from Windows NT/2000/XP

Hello, I have already installed FreeBSD into my hard disk. In one partition I have Windows 2000, and on another FreeBSD. I can access Windows partition from FreeBSD, but is there any way to access FreeBSD partition from Windows? I know how to access Linux (ext/ext2) partition from Win, there is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aoidas
9 Replies

3. Programming

how to create freeBSD binaries in Linux or Windows

I have a trouble: i cannot install and use freeBSD for some reasons(have no computer now, and comps on my work are Windowsed), but I need to compile some UNIX sources for freeBSD(this one: http://ppcpp.sf.net/). What can I do? Are there a compilers, that can run in Windows, but can compile binaries... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: szzz
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I'm looking for a 64-bit Desktop that will run Windows, Linspire, FreeBSD and Solaris

Ok, I've been shopping around and I've seen some nice one's, but they are either too expensive or they are not 64-bit; I want to be prepared for the future at the right price (under $3,000 with a decent configuration)! :D Where can I find a good 64-bit desktop or workstation that will run the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr. Nice Guy
0 Replies

5. Programming

Application crashes in FreeBSD 7.1 while working ok in FreeBSD 6.3

Hello there, My mulithreaded application (which is too large to represent the source code here) is crashing after installing FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE/amd64. It worked properly on others machines (Dual Cores with 4GB of RAM - FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE/i386). The current machine has 2x Core 2 Duo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Seenquev
1 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How do I remove FreeBSD to boot from Windows CD?

Just got free laptop w/FreeBSD. Won't boot from CD, only boots into FreeBsd. I need to install Windows, what do I do?:( (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laforg
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

Graphically connect RHEL server from Windows 7 Professional

I want to connect RHEL server from my windows 7 Professional machine graphically. I logged into 1 RHEL server with IP, 10.101.17.80 using Putty from my Windows 7 professional machine. Now from this server, 10.101.17.80, I want to connect to another RHEL server 10.101.17.79. I used, ssh -X... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RHCE
1 Replies
PERLFREEBSD(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					    PERLFREEBSD(1)

NAME
README.freebsd - Perl version 5 on FreeBSD systems DESCRIPTION
This document describes various features of FreeBSD that will affect how Perl version 5 (hereafter just Perl) is compiled and/or runs. FreeBSD core dumps from readdir_r with ithreads When perl is configured to use ithreads, it will use re-entrant library calls in preference to non-re-entrant versions. There is a bug in FreeBSD's "readdir_r" function in versions 4.5 and earlier that can cause a SEGV when reading large directories. A patch for FreeBSD libc is available (see http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=misc/30631 ) which has been integrated into FreeBSD 4.6. $^X doesn't always contain a full path in FreeBSD perl 5.8.0 sets $^X where possible to a full path by asking the operating system. On FreeBSD the full path of the perl interpreter is found by reading the symlink /proc/curproc/file. There is a bug on FreeBSD, where the result of reading this symlink is can be wrong in certain circumstances (see http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=35703 ). In these cases perl will fall back to the old behaviour of using C's argv[0] value for $^X. Perl will no longer be part of "base FreeBSD" Not as bad as it sounds--what this means is that Perl will no longer be part of the kernel build system of FreeBSD. Perl will still very probably be part of the "default install", and in any case the latest version will be in the ports system. The first FreeBSD version this change will affect is 5.0, all 4.n versions will keep the status quo. AUTHOR
Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org>, collating wisdom supplied by Slaven Rezic and Tim Bunce. Please report any errors, updates, or suggestions to perlbug@perl.org. perl v5.8.0 2003-02-18 PERLFREEBSD(1)