Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mandrake
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mandrake Post 27766 by Kelam_Magnus on Friday 6th of September 2002 12:23:38 PM
Old 09-06-2002
First let me offer congrats to you for researching before you post.Smilie

Now let me say that I had bought a version of Mandrake, a few years ago, that has Partition Magic for Linux that is specifically for creating a partition for the Linux OS you are about to install.

I don't know if they still package them together, but I would read the box to see for sure.
Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Mandrake 8.1

Hi all, I have copied three .ISO files for Mandrake 8.1 from a Linux DVD onto my work LAN. They are: Mandrake81-cd1-inst.I586.iso Mandrake81-cd2-ext.I586.iso Mandrake81-cd3-supp.I586.isoThey're all +650M in size and I'd like to know what I need to do in order to create the three CD's... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mandrake 7.0 and X

I have problems. I have to use Mandrake 7.0 for a college course and I have it installed and I can do all the command line stuff, but I want to get to the GUI. Problem is, I can't start X. SO, after doing some searching on google, I downloaded XFree86 4.0.1 and the latest driver for my video... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ober5861
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mandrake and os X

can i run mac os X stuff in mandrake? on a intel computer? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicrawler
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mandrake question

Hi, I recently started running Mandrake Linux with the KDE desktop. Today instead of starting up the desktop, it stayed at the command prompt. What is the linux command for starting the KDE environment? Thanks alot! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luke314pi
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mandrake 7.2 Installation

Hi all, I'm waiting (impatiently) for the Mandrake 9.0 CD's to arrive. I have scored Man 7.2 and wish to meet the Penguin straight away. So, I changed my BIOS to boot from CD and got underway but it only picked up my Windows hard drives (seperate physical drives). I have a third hard drive... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: onestepto
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help mandrake os

my hdd root dir keeps dumping on me but when i install i use native linux format i i lost again yesterday is there a recovery methead? or a safe mode that i can go into ? i made a boot disk is it wise to let the formater program to auto alcate? give me a 5gb root drive and a 37gb home i relly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicrawler2000
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mandrake 10

i just got mandrake 10 and i installed xine the latest why does it crash my xserver and how do i fix this problem in mandrake 8 - 9.2 i had no problmes with xine until now with 10 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicrawler2004
2 Replies

8. SuSE

mandrake problem

ihave mandrake 9.2 (will upgrade soon to 10) but anyways, i can't get the Hard drive or the CD-ROM or Floppy to show up on the desktop. can anyone help me out? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux_newbe
11 Replies

9. Linux

mandrake

I just installed mandrake 9.2, and all I want right now is for gaim to allow me to use msn.. The version I got now is 0.59.? and I have tried to get the latest version but when I downloaded the rpm it said that there were errors... can someone help... for my rpm packaging I have went to Urpmi and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flimzzy
3 Replies

10. Linux

anyone familiar with mandrake? :D

I am using Mandrake 10.1 and I was trying to use K3B to burn my files to CD. Well, I configured the recorder speed to 48X, however when I try to burn a cd, the program gets stuck and return an error 252 or something. I searched the forum and in there somewhere people mentioned about turning on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jace
2 Replies
FINDFS(8)						       System Administration							 FINDFS(8)

NAME
findfs - find a filesystem by label or UUID SYNOPSIS
findfs NAME=value DESCRIPTION
findfs will search the block devices in the system looking for a filesystem or partition with specified tag. The currently supported tags are: LABEL=<label> Specifies filesystem label. UUID=<uuid> Specifies filesystem UUID. PARTUUID=<uuid> Specifies partition UUID. This partition identifier is supported for example for GUID Partition Table (GPT) partition tables. PARTLABEL=<label> Specifies partition label (name). The partition labels are supported for example for GUID Partition Table (GPT) or MAC partition tables. If the filesystem or partition is found, the device name will be printed on stdout. The complete overview about filesystems and partitions you can get for example by lsblk --fs partx --show <disk> blkid EXIT STATUS
0 success 1 label or uuid cannot be found 2 usage error, wrong number of arguments or unknown option AUTHOR
findfs was originally written by Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu> and re-written for the util-linux package by Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com>. ENVIRONMENT
LIBBLKID_DEBUG=all enables libblkid debug output. SEE ALSO
blkid(8), lsblk(8), partx(8) AVAILABILITY
The findfs command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux March 2014 FINDFS(8)