Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Casual Question regarding ssh Post 27762 by Kelam_Magnus on Friday 6th of September 2002 12:01:53 PM
Old 09-06-2002
A good list of resources is an SAs best friend...

Please understand, Some postings can be very OS specific and somewhat rare problems that they may go unanswered here.

I only offered that as a resource because many posters don't know that google is such a great search engine.

Also, part of being a good SA is sometimes, saying "I don't know" and deferring to a resource that may contain the answer, even if that is google.com or some Manual that has been on your shelf for a few years.

IMHO Smilie Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh question

Dear all, I have a question regarding the remote access a server without login using "ssh". I'm thinking if there is anyway to send a certificate pass to ssh command. For example, I need write a script for a user who doesn't have access to any server but running this script. Within the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ting123
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Small question regarding SSH

I am looking for some model like this: My Computer ------------- Intermediate Server (IS) ------------- Own Server I must be able to ssh into the Intermediate Internet Server which is generally an online version of SSH service through which I will connect to Own Server. I was the IS to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh question

hi all, I setup a new server using centos 5.0 with webmin installed and its working fine. the only problem i found is that I now cant ssh into the box anymore for some reason. I am able to ssh out of it no problem tho. I did check to see if ssh was running and it was. I did the following to... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcraul
12 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

ssh question

I have a query on ssh. /home/user1/ # ssh remote_host When the fingerprint created and saved in /home/user1/.ssh/known_hosts file, is the fingerprint the public key of remote_host? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ij_2005
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

ssh daemon question

Hi, I'm trying to connect from one server to another via ssh, the server that I'm connecting from only has openssh installed. The server that I'm connecting to has the following packages installed: ssh-3.2.9.1-ML_RHEL4 openssh-3.9p1-8.RHEL4.12 openssh-clients-3.9p1-8.RHEL4.12... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newb1000
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about parameters in ssh

Hello where I can find or can anybody send me a full list with parameters of ssh. I hope to understand what I mean. For exam -xpvf (tar -xpvf file.tar.gz) -x -p -v -f what do any of these parameters I have command for extract tar.gz file but I want to do this without folder but I don't know what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gladiator6
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting ssh question

I am new here so I apologize if this question is in the wrong section or outside of the realm of this board. Also, this is just my first week into shell programming so I am probably doing lots of things wrong. I am trying to write a script to ssh to a machine as one user and then run a command... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parva
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ssh tunnel question

Hi all I have a suite of scripts that ssh to remote servers within a cluster and run some tests. This is done from a central server so that all of the test results can be captured in one location. Problem is I now have 509 tests and the number is growing. The scripts work by establishing a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
2 Replies
IBUS(1) 							   User Commands							   IBUS(1)

NAME
ibus - command line utility for ibus SYNOPSIS
ibus COMMAND [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
IBus is an Intelligent Input Bus. It is a new input framework for Linux OS. It provides full featured and user friendly input method user interface. It also may help developers to develop input method easily. ibus is a command line utility which can restart or exit ibus-daemon, get or set the current ibus engine or list the ibus engines. Homepage: http://code.google.com/p/ibus/ COMMAND
help Show the commands list. engine [ENGINE_NAME] Show the curent ibus engine when ENGINE_NAME is not given. Set ENGINE_NAME to the current ibus engine. exit Exit ibus-daemon. list-engine Show ibus engines list. restart Restart ibus-daemon. version Show the ibus version. read-cache [--system|--file=FILE] Show the content of the user registry cache if --system is not given. Show the content of the system registry cache if --system is given. Show the content of the custom registry cache FILE if --file=FILE is given. write-cache [--system|--file=FILE] Save the user registry cache if --system is not given. Save the system registry cache if --system is given. Save the custom reg- istry cache FILE if --file=FILE is given. IBUS_COMPONENT_PATH environment valuable is also available for the custom component directories, whose delimiter is ':'. watch Under construction. BUGS If you find a bug, please report it at http://code.google.com/p/ibus/issues/list. 1.5.3 May 2013 IBUS(1)