Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: file corruption
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users file corruption Post 27719 by Optimus_P on Thursday 5th of September 2002 12:58:33 PM
Old 09-05-2002
i have $20 that says he actually did a X! enter enter.

heh. no need to be ashamed if you diid a X vs x. you just used crypt on your file. heh. it happens.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

NTFS corruption under w2k but not under suse 9.2

Hello all, I´ve bumped into some strange things with a NTFS partition of mine. I am running a dual boot machine with w2k and suse 9.2. I just reinstalled w2k on it. After that one of my NTFS partitions stopped working under windows. Though it is perfectly readable from linux. Windows sees the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mickepe
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rsync data corruption

Dear Peoples I am using the following command to transfer the files inbetween two servers, i am using this command in a crontab for doing it in every 1 hour on all days. rsync --stats --archive --verbose --compress --force --rsh=ssh --exclude-from=/root/cfg/mkt_scn.exclude... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thameema
1 Replies

3. AIX

File System Corruption on IBM DS8300

Hi All, We are facing the problem of file system corruption on DS8300,we have done very much effort to find out the root cause of problem but we still not get any success, we have AIX 5.3 OS installed on system with latest patches, we have upgraded HBA firmwares, DS8300 firmware, System... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Data corruption

I have a solaris 5.6 on which oracle is installed. we have an alert file alert_net1.log now whenever any datacorruption happens we get the file id and block id in the above file. through this file and block id , we try to find out which table is corrupted and then try to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
1 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

DSEE LDAP corruption

Today when someone was using Sun Identity Manager to modify a directory managed by Sun Directory Server Enterprise Edition (DSEE 6.3) IDM spit out an object class violation error (I verified that the input data was valid). It also corrupted the directory to the point where I can't even get dsadm to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilikecows
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File system testing for Data corruption

Hi, could any one tell is there any test-suite or any idea How to do data corruption validation testing, means there is no any data corruption ? Regards Manish (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manish_tcs_hp
1 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

XDMCP and VNC graphics corruption

I'm trying to create a persistent KDE session and access that login remotely. While logged into the remote machine I have enabled XDMCP and started a VNC server that requests a login screen. vnc4server -query localhost -geometry 800x480 -depth 8 When I try to view that vnc screen the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cue
5 Replies

8. Programming

FORTRAN: double free or corruption

Hello. I'm looking for a quite "interesting" bug I'm using fortran 90, compiler gfortran and the main idea is for every time step I build a bin structure for search contact between particles, for this at the begining TYPE :: circle_index INTEGER(kind = 4) :: ind_p TYPE(circle_index),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Marce
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File System corruption

Hi, While a tar file was created, the file system got full and there was no message on the tar failure. Then the system was shut down and the administrator says because the file system was full the shut down procedure corrupted the file system. I'm wondering, unix should have given some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manivanm
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Root user not recognizing on Solaris-10 (shadow file corruption)

Hello, I got into a wired state on one of solaris 10 server. When I noticed that server is having some issue, I found that there were dumpadm.conf entries in /etc/shadow and real entries were wiped of. Probably somebody fat fingers. I was able to boot into failsafe, break SVM mirror, copied... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
25 Replies
BSCAN(8)					     Network backup, recovery and verification						  BSCAN(8)

NAME
bscan - Bacula's 'Scan tape' SYNOPSIS
bscan [options] bacula-archive DESCRIPTION
The purpose of bscan is to read (scan) a Bacula Volume and to recreate or update the database contents with the information found on the Volume. This is done in a non-destructive way. This permits restoring database entries that have been lost by pruning, purging, deleting, or a database corruption problem. Normally, it should not be necessary to run the bscan command because the database is self maintaining, and most corrupted databases can be repaired by the tools provided by the database vendors. In addition, if you have maintained bootstrap files during backups, you should be able to recover all your data from the bootstrap file without needed an up to date catalog. bscan command. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -? Show version and usage of program. -b bootstrap Specify a bootstrap file. -c config Specify configuration file. -d nn Set debug level to nn. -dt Print timestamp in debug output. -m Update media info in database. -D Specify the driver database name (default: NULL) -n name Specify the database name (default: bacula) -u username Specify database username (default: bacula) -P password Specify database password (default: none) -h host Specify database host (default: NULL) -t port Specify database port (default: 0) -p Proceed inspite of I/O errors. -r List records. -s Synchronize or store in Database. -S Show scan progress periodically. -v Verbose output mode. -V volume Specify volume names (separated by '|') -w dir Specify working directory (default from conf file) SEE ALSO
bls(8), bextract(8). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jose Luis Tallon <jltallon@adv-solutions.net>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Kern Sibbald 26 November 2009 BSCAN(8)