Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Starting sun raid manager for A1000 Post 27705 by MBGPS on Thursday 5th of September 2002 11:16:26 AM
Old 09-05-2002
Starting sun raid manager for A1000

Can anyone tell me the syntax for starting Raid manager on a A1000?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Raid A1000 with E450 and E250.

Hi, I'm facing problem in connecting a Raid A1000 to E250 and E450. ( Both machines with Solaris 2.6 OS and patched, with different scsi-initiator-ids - 7 & 3 ). BTW, I'm not using this setup to access raid data from both machines simultaneously. There is Veritas Cluster Server monitoring... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shibz
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Moving Sun A1000 between E450's

Does anyone know what steps I have to follow to move an A1000 between two E450's. Im running solaris 2.6 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MBGPS
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ultra60 and A1000....raid manager needed just to see it?

Hi guys, I was asked to setup an Ultra60 (Sol 8) with an StorEdge A1000. Does anyone know if a probe-scsi-all is suppose to detect it? Right now it doesn't, so maybe I answered my own question :rolleyes: We have an the same setup running already, but I wasn't around when that was setup. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yinzer955i
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to delete RAID of solaris volume manager thru command line

how do I remove raid that has the following Raid configuration # metastat d60: Mirror Submirror 0: d61 State: Okay Submirror 1: d62 State: Okay Pass: 1 Read option: roundrobin (default) Write option: parallel (default) Size: 36501312 blocks (17 GB) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vr76413
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script to Monitor raid staus --Sun Volume manager

We use Sun Volume manager to mirror root disks and other local disks... Is there any script to monitor raid status across all machines send output thru email? Help is appreciated. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriny
1 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Poor read performance on sun storedge a1000

Hello, i have a a1000 connected to an e6500. There's a raid 10 (12 disks) on the a1000. If i do a dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/1 bs=1024k count=1000 and then look at iostat it tells me there's a kw/s of 25000. But if i do a dd of=/dev/zero if=/mnt/1 bs=1024k count=1000 then i see only a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mbrenner
1 Replies

7. Solaris

RAID manager or veritas volume manager

Can somebody kindly help me to determine which one i should choose to better manipulate OS volume. RAID manager or veritas volume manager? Any critical differences between those two? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
5 Replies

8. Solaris

How to change raid layouts in veritas volume manager?

We have three disks under Raid 5. What should i do to make them Raid 0(striping)..... I mean how to change RAID layouts in VXVM ??? Please tell me with commands ..... Thanks in Advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
0 Replies
gnome-power-preferences(1)					   User Commands					gnome-power-preferences(1)

NAME
gnome-power-preferences - gnome power preferences GUI SYNOPSIS
gnome-power-preferences [--help] [--verbose] DESCRIPTION
gnome-power-preferences is a GUI configuration program. It enables you to configure your preferred desktop power management policies, e.g. blank screen when lid is closed, hibernate system when battery power is low, suspend system when power button is pressed, or let CPU fre- quency dynamically adjust based on process load. Then, these policies are enforced by gnome-power-manager(1). OPTIONS
This program follows the usual command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --help Show summary of options. --verbose Show extra debugging. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching gnome-power-preferences with the display of extra debugging messages. example% gnome-power-preferences --verbose EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-power-preferences Executable for gnome power preferences GUI ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-power-manager | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnome-power-manager(1), gnome-power-statistics(1), attributes(5) NOTES
This manual page was written by Oliver Grawert ogra@ubuntu.com for the Debian system. Updated by Simon Zheng, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 18 Feb 2008 gnome-power-preferences(1)