Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Proper Forum Etiquette
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Proper Forum Etiquette Post 27647 by RTM on Wednesday 4th of September 2002 03:12:51 PM
Old 09-04-2002
First case: Some people find this site when they are in dire trouble and don't read the rules. They also forget that there are more then one OS out there. They are involved with their problem and just want it fixed.

Second case: They did read the rules but still forget that there is more than one OS out there. Made an assumtion that all of us know exactly what is going on with everything.

You aren't going to change a thing. You could probably start up a new name/login on here and only post to questions that fail to give detail with "What OS and version?" and become a Sustaining member in five months.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Proper routing

I have a series of new machines that are internet facing (have IP's that are accessible via the 'net) and it has internal facing interfaces. I need to be able to communicate back to the internal network to a specific server which processes monitoring and e-mail traffic. I've been told that I should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BOFH
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Proper use of prune...

My goal was to find any directories inside of any directory called "09_Client Original" not modified in the last 30 days. $ find /Volumes/Jobs_Volume/ -type d -name "09_Client Original" -exec find {} -mtime +30 -type d -maxdepth 1 \; The results of this find are passed along in a perl script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guriboy
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Forum etiquette and contact information

I got the following message I tried to send the following reply:Please excuse me for not being more familiar with this forums conventions. I was not aware that I included a personal message. Please help me by: 1. So that I can avoid this problem in the future, please let me know what part of my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lmjennings44094
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Proper syntax

I'm new to Unix, and just had a quick question. I'm writing a bash script, and I was wondering what proper programming etiquette was for piping. How many pipes is too many pipes? OLDEST=$(find . -maxdepth 1 -type d -newermt 2012-07-01 ! -newermt 2012-07-30 | xargs ls -1td | tail -2) echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jrymer
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Update: Disabled Home Page Forum Statistics for Guests (Not Registered)

Just a quick update; to speed up the forums, I have disabled the forum statistics on the home page for non registered users. No changes for registered users. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Mobile: Advanced Forum Statistics to Forum Home Page

For mobile users, I have just added a "first beta" Advanced Forum Statistics to the home page on mobile using CSS overflow:auto; so you can swipe if you need to see more. Google Search Console mobile usability says this page is "mobile friendly" so perhaps this will be useful for some of our... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
12 Replies
Data::Grove::Visitor(3) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Data::Grove::Visitor(3)

NAME
Data::Grove::Visitor - add visitor/callback methods to Data::Grove objects SYNOPSIS
use Data::Grove::Visitor; @results = $object->accept ($visitor, ...); @results = $object->accept_name ($visitor, ...); @results = $object->children_accept ($visitor, ...); @results = $object->children_accept_name ($visitor, ...); DESCRIPTION
Data::Grove::Visitor adds visitor methods (callbacks) to Data::Grove objects. A ``visitor'' is a class (a package) you write that has methods (subs) corresponding to the objects in the classes being visited. You use the visitor methods by creating an instance of your visitor class, and then calling `"accept($my_visitor)"' on the top-most object you want to visit, that object will in turn call your visitor back with `"visit_OBJECT"', where OBJECT is the type of object. There are several forms of `"accept"'. Simply calling `"accept"' calls your package back using the object type of the object you are visiting. Calling `"accept_name"' on an element object calls you back with `"visit_name_NAME"' where NAME is the tag name of the element, on all other objects it's as if you called `"accept"'. All of the forms of `"accept"' return a concatenated list of the result of all `"visit"' methods. `"children_accept"' calls `"accept"' on each of the children of the element. This is generally used in element callbacks to recurse down into the element's children, you don't need to get the element's contents and call `"accept"' on each item. `"children_accept_name"' does the same but calling `"accept_name"' on each of the children. `"attr_accept"' calls `"accept"' on each of the objects in the named attribute. Refer to the documentation of the classes you are visiting (XML::Grove, etc.) for the type names (`"element"', `"document"', etc.) of the objects it implements. RESERVED NAMES
The hash keys `"Contents"' and `"Name"' are used to indicate objects with children (for `"children_accept"') and named objects (for `"accept_name"'). NOTES
These are random ideas that haven't been implemented yet: o Several objects fall into subclasses, or you may want to be able to subclass a visited object and still be able to tell the difference. In SGML::Grove I had used the package name in the callback (`"visit_SGML_Element"') instead of a generic name (`"visit_element"'). The idea here would be to try calling `"visit_PACKAGE"' with the most specific class first, then try superclasses, and lastly to try the generic. AUTHOR
Ken MacLeod, ken@bitsko.slc.ut.us SEE ALSO
perl(1), Data::Grove Extensible Markup Language (XML) <http://www.w3c.org/XML> perl v5.12.1 2003-10-21 Data::Grove::Visitor(3)