Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: automounter
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers automounter Post 276 by almendrita on Sunday 19th of November 2000 12:19:21 PM
Old 11-19-2000
Question

I have this question in my study guide could anyone please help me with the answer and (explicit) explanation.

hostname: HOSTONE
automounter file: /etc/auto.home
entry: scps HOSTTWO:/export/home/scps

commands executed on HOSTONE, mark all commands where the automounter will be invoked.

a)cat /home/scps/anyfile
b)cat /home/sce/scps/anyfile
c)cat /export/home/scps/anyfile
d)cat /home/scps/anydir/anyfile
e)cat /home/anydir/scps/anyfile

Thanks very much.
Almendrita

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

automounter

Hi ALL, Does anyone know how automounting can be disabled in solaris? (I need to mount the home directory on to a sun machine from another machine. So I run something like mount another_machine:/home /home (on my sun) however i get an error saying device busy) I was told automouting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkap
1 Replies

2. AIX

NIS and automounter...

Have an AIX 5.2 box. I had automounter already setup to control /home using /etc/auto_home as an indirect automount map. Then we added NIS. We have it working, but for some reason, the NIS table auto.home seems to override /etc/auto_home entries. Of course, there are some duplicates... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Garry_Garrett
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Automounter floods ioctl and futex error messages

Hi! I have a wondering regarding the syscalls automounter floods out when running strace on the process, are the below ioctl & futex messages bad? and is there any way to investigate em deeper? ioctl(3, 0xffffffffc018937c, 0x417a8020) = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable) ioctl(3,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
5 Replies

4. IP Networking

Naming services + Automounter

Hi gurus, I am trying to understand the enviroment which we are using. The fact that I am asking is that this is production enviroment and I cannot change anything to experiment. Following servers are somehow related to each other, please help me figure out if my conclusions are correct. -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to mount NFS using automounter(autofs)?

I have an nfs at 192.168.1.10:/home/vm1/Desktop/nfs and will like to mount locally to /home/vm1/Desktop/nfs-mount using automounter...need help doing do What i did $cat /etc/auto.master /home/vm1/Desktop /etc/auto.nfs $cat /etc/auto.nfs nfs-bind -fstype=nfs ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nokia3310
3 Replies
AUTOFS(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							 AUTOFS(5)

NAME
autofs -- automounter filesystem SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in the kernel configuration file: options AUTOFS Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): autofs_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The autofs driver is the kernel component of the automounter infrastructure. Its job is to pass mount requests to the automountd(8) daemon, and pause the processes trying to access the automounted filesystem until the mount is completed. It is mounted by the automount(8). OPTIONS
These options are available when mounting autofs file systems: master_options Mount options for all filesystems specified in the map entry. master_prefix Filesystem mountpoint prefix. EXAMPLES
To unmount all mounted autofs filesystems: umount -At autofs To mount autofs filesystems specified in auto_master(5): automount SEE ALSO
auto_master(5), automount(8), automountd(8), autounmountd(8) HISTORY
The autofs driver first appeared in FreeBSD 10.1. AUTHORS
The autofs was developed by Edward Tomasz Napierala <trasz@FreeBSD.org> under sponsorship from the FreeBSD Foundation. BSD
September 3, 2014 BSD