Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mail services
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mail services Post 2758 by beth_cedc on Friday 1st of June 2001 02:42:54 PM
Old 06-01-2001
Question Mail services

Hi,
I am trying to find the best software solution for allowing a large organization to run their email server on a Sun Solaris server so that they can have an easy web based interface in which to administer the accounts (add/delete/change passwords/change forwarding/clean out a jammed box) AND be able to both check mail via a client (Eudora, Outlook) or via a web interface from a remote computer. We are also looking for easy web based user interface for adding and maintaining Listservs. The organization consists of 700+ nuns with a varied skill level, some will be assigned administrative duties such as adding and deleting.

Any help will be MUCH appreciated! We are also willing to go to another server and were told Cobalt might be good for what they need, BUT then were told the web based email was a problem....

Thanks in advance.
Beth

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mail services not working

Hello, all. We currently have three UNIX boxes run Reliant Unix, a System V Release 4 variant. Mail can't be sent out of one of the boxes to anywhere outside the box. For a client we use the mail command. I am not sure how to determine the message transfer daemon that is running. When... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: petrosi
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail problem (NOT Mail or Mail.app)

When I try to use the CLI mail, I get the following error. What's wrong? Welcome to Darwin! % mail root Subject: test test . EOT % /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 81: fileclass: cannot open /etc/mail/local-host-names: Group writable directory Do I just need to change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenly
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how to forward mail in /var/mail/username to external mail

Dear All, Now I use solaris 10 and I try to forward mail from /var/mail/username to their external mail so what should I do? thank u in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Restart of services if port no is changed in /etc/services in RHEL

I had a doubt if any services need to be restarted if port no in /etc/services in an RHEL setup is changed. For eg, the port no of 443 for SSL may need to be changed. I hope my query is clear whether any services need to be restarted if port no in /etc/services is changed. Please revert with... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Start services based on dependent services on other AIX machine

Hi, I just started working on a script. After my research, i found a command which can help me: AIM: To build a script which starts the services (Services 1) on server 1 automatically whenever its down. And it has a dependency on other service (Service 2) on Server 2. So my script has to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: draghun9
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
answerbook2_admin(1M)					  System Administration Commands				     answerbook2_admin(1M)

NAME
answerbook2_admin - bring up AnswerBook2 administration tool GUI SYNOPSIS
/usr/dt/bin/answerbook2_admin [-h] DESCRIPTION
The AnswerBook2 server product is no longer included with Solaris or the Solaris Documentation CD products. Solaris docmentation is now provided in HTML and PDF format on the Documentation CD and does not require the Answerbook2 server to be viewed. answerbook2_admin brings up the default web browser showing the administration interface for the local AnswerBook2 server. The administration functionality is also accessible through the AnswerBook2 Admin option within the System_Admin subset of the Application Manager function on the CDE front panel Applications menu. If you need an AnswerBook2 server, you can download the AnswerBook2 server software from http://www.sun.com. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -h Displays a usage statement. USAGE
At startup time, answerbook2_admin starts up the default web browser (for example, Mozilla) and displays the URL specified for administer- ing the local AnswerBook2 server (http://localhost:8888). If the user has set up administration access control, the web browser prompts for a valid administrator login and password for this document server before displaying the administration tool. FILES
/usr/lib/ab2/dweb/data/config/admin_passwd File containing username:password ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |http://www.sun.com | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) NOTES
Once there is an open web browser and access to the AnswerBook2 Administration tool, use its online Help system to find out more about administering the AnswerBook2 server. SunOS 5.10 29 Oct 2004 answerbook2_admin(1M)