Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: thread::signal
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting thread::signal Post 27577 by hhh101 on Tuesday 3rd of September 2002 10:27:00 PM
Old 09-03-2002
Data thread::signal

Hi,all!
Now ,I write perl for windows platform,and will use signal for asynchronous operations ,but I find it could bring some bugs if it is used incorrectly ,pls help!!! Smilie

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to cancel a thread safely from the initial thread?

how about asynchronous canceling? or with signal? if with signal whether it effects the process? my english so badly :( :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alan.zhao
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send SIGNAL to the thread?

Hello, I have to send SIGSEGV to the thread. What is the simplest and efficient way to do that? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulpict
6 Replies

3. Programming

Parent Thread Of Child Thread

Parent Thread Of Child Thread Suppose a process creates some threads say threadC and threadD. Later on each of these threads create new child threads say threadC1, threadC2, threadC3 etc. So a tree of threads will get created. Is there any way to find out the parent thread of one such... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Not able to post thread/reply to thread

Dear Moderator I am not able to post any new thread or post reply to mine old thread. Kindly help as i am stuck on one problem and needed suggestion. Regards Jaydeep (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
1 Replies
aio_cancel(2)							System Calls Manual						     aio_cancel(2)

NAME
aio_cancel() - cancel an asynchronous I/O operation SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The function attempts to cancel the asynchronous I/O request currently outstanding for the referenced by aiocbp or, if aiocbp is any asyn- chronous I/O operations currently outstanding for the file descriptor fildes. If an asynchronous I/O operation is successfully canceled as a result of its status is set to and any signal delivery specified for that operation is performed. Any outstanding requests that cannot be canceled as a result of the remain enqueued and are unaffected by the can- cellation request. Asynchronous I/O operations that are requested as a single logical operation are either completed or canceled atomically. Once any portion of the operation has started, it cannot be canceled. Whether or not and when an asynchronous I/O operation can be canceled depends on the nature of the request. If aiocbp is not fildes is ignored. To use this function, link in the realtime library by specifying on the compiler or linker command line. RETURN VALUE
The function returns one of the following values: The asynchronous I/O operation enqueued for the referenced by aiocbp or all asynchronous I/O operations enqueued for the file referenced by fildes have been successfully canceled. The asynchronous I/O operation enqueued for the referenced by aiocbp or at least one of the asynchronous I/O operations enqueued for the file referenced by fildes have not been canceled. (The function must be used to determine the status of individual operations.) The asynchronous I/O operation enqueued for the referenced by aiocbp or all of the asynchronous I/O operations enqueued for the file referenced by fildes completed before cancellation could be attempted. Failure. The requested cancellation could not be initiated. is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If detects one of the following error conditions, is set to the indicated value: [EBADF] The aiocbp argument is and the fildes argument is not a valid file descriptor. [EINVAL] There was no asynchronous I/O operation enqueued for the referenced by aiocbp. SEE ALSO
aio_error(2), aio_fsync(2), aio_read(2), aio_return(2), aio_suspend(2), aio_write(2), lio_listio(2), aio(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
aio_cancel(2)