Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Homework Issues
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Homework Issues Post 27548 by Optimus_P on Tuesday 3rd of September 2002 03:39:46 PM
Old 09-03-2002
IMHO

Altho i completely support the rule on NO HOMEWORK questions.

I think it would be of some benifit to have a homework section. That way people will not try to slide in a homework question. and those of us that feel like we can help (when we want to) can go there adn do so. or we can completely ingnore it if we need to.

for alot of us spoting a HW questions is easy. but then again. i know when i was knew it is HARD to come by information from those who have it.

what do you guys/gals think?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pkgadd issues

Please inform me on how I can resolve the PaTcH_MsG 8 Version message below I am running solaris 9 9/05 HW on a Sun V445. Thank you. # pkgadd SUNWqlc Processing package instance <SUNWqlc> from </var/spool/pkg> Qlogic ISP 2200/2202 Fibre Channel Device Driver (sparc)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GLJ@USC
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SU issues

Hi, I have automated a build process that does the following activities. 1. check out code from cvs to a specific directory 2. build the revision checked out with 'ANT' 3. integrate the compiled code with the QA/UAT or new environment (/apps/QA or /apps/UAT or /apps/new directory) I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoi2hot4ya
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop issues

Hi guys, Been sifting through these forums for awhile, but never had an account or needed to post. Shoutouts to a great forum with heaps of useful info. Now i consider myself a noob when it comes to linux and to bash scripting. I recently started to learn to use Vmware ESX server which uses... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryath
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

Firewall issues

I am using freespire 2.0.8 and am unable to get any peer to peer program to work past a firewall. I am not sure where the firewall is ( I didn't set anything up in Freespire). My guess is/was the router as I am using a wireless connection. I just replaced my linksys wrk54G with a Netgear WGR614 and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paul K
1 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

rm -rf issues

We are using the solaris server and if i am using rm -rf to delete the directories its asking the confirmation for each and every file inside the directory.Is there any way to disable ( should not ask the confirmation) only for a particular session? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshbabuc
12 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Issues with squid

Hello, I have been trying to setup the following squid configuration http://veloso.org/SquidConfig/SquidConfig.html but every time I get to start squid I get the following error- 2012/05/28 10:31:12| WARNING: redirector #1 (FD 7) exited 2012/05/28 10:31:12| WARNING: redirector #2 (FD 9)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx issues

I've my below script compile.yk. This compiles programs in batch and any failed to compile modules will be mailed to my attention. cd /inv1/io13000/mbmport/mbmerr ERRFL=/inv1/io13000/srcport/$$_errorlist.txt X=`ls *.c?? |wc -l` if then echo "Review library path:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yuvaraj737
0 Replies

8. Linux

Issues with ksh

We are using ksh on Linux (Thats what architect told me). 1) When I am using up and down arrow key, I can not navigate to previous and next commands. How can I navigate commands in ksh ? Someone told me that I need to have bash shell installed ? Can I have bash shell installed on ksh ? OR can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paramshamnani
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Issues after update

Hi guys, thanks for your kind assistance. I have a rhel6.4 server. After I did an update, the server does not reboot. Also user logins take for ever. Please any help on this matter will be appreciated . Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies
HAMEXAM(1)						      General Commands Manual							HAMEXAM(1)

NAME hamexam - Study guide for USA FCC amateur radio (ham radio) license examinations.
SYNOPSIS
hamexam [option] DESCRIPTION
hamexam presents questions in random order from the selected question pool, and terminates when all questions have been answered correctly. The session may be interrupted with ^C, and resumed later. Some questions refer to diagrams. The diagrams for the selected question pool are displayed in a separate window using eog(1). Licenses are issued by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), but examinations are administered by Volunteer Examiners. OPTIONS
If no pool is specified, usage, version, and help information is displayed. In normal usage, one of the following options should be specified: t Element 2, the Technician Class pool. This is the entry-level license. g Element 3, the General Class pool (element 2 is also required). e Element 4, the Extra Class pool (elements 2 and 3 are also required). q The question pool is selected interactively. FILES
A directory ~/.hamexam is created to hold the names of the questions which remain to be answered correctly. SEE ALSO
For more information regarding licensing, ref. http://www.arrl.org/licensing-preparation-exams For information regarding the question pools, ref. http://www.ncvec.org/ COPYRIGHT
hamexam is Copyright (c) 2011-2012 John Nogatch <jnogatch@yahoo.com>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. BUGS
The question pools are normally good for 4 years, but are sometimes modified; ref. http://www.ncvec.org/ hamexam does not automatically update the question pools from the VEC Web site. HAMEXAM(1)