Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: congrats & new forums
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators congrats & new forums Post 274 by me2unix on Sunday 19th of November 2000 09:19:26 AM
Old 11-19-2000
MySQL

Hi Neo & All

first I'd like to congratulate you for the nice impressing and promissing service.

I'm waiting for new forums , like: Advanced Unix / Sun / Linux / Xwindows / CDE .
obiously not all question should be at the Unix for Dummies forum!

Keep up the good work,

Hezki

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Congrats

I guess this is the most appropriate section for this post... Just wanted to give a big congrats to LivinFree for passing the 1000 post mark. Nice job! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PxT
2 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

congrats to zazzybob

i definitely want to thank and congratulate zazzybob on becoming a moderator in record time.. ZazzyBob you definitely have skills and hopefully they will continue to grow and spread... thanx for helping me out all those times moxxx68 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
1 Replies

3. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

How to Navigate in UNIX & Linux Forums..?

Hi , i am a new user to this forum can anyone please help me in navigation for this forum. also when i am trying to open any thread i am getting below error. Bad Request Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.] Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nkchand
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Congrats to RudiC - 3000 Thanks!

Congratulations to RudiC for crossing the magic boundary of being thanked 3000 times! As someone who often has profited greatly from your insight i stand in awe before this achievement. Thank you for your ongoing dedication and thank you for your willingness to share your knowledge! bakunin ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
15 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Congrats to Nezabudka for her Formulator Badge (UserCP Prototype v0.40)

Please join me in thanking one of our most active new members, nezabudka, who suggested that we start using the new usercp prototype and change the menu items around, effectively "promoting" the new prototype CP. At first, I did not understand her suggestion, but after 'coming down" from days of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
PS2EPSI(1)                                                       Ghostscript Tools                                                      PS2EPSI(1)

NAME
ps2epsi - generate conforming Encapsulated PostScript SYNOPSIS
ps2epsi infile.ps [ outfile.epsi ] (Unix) ps2epsi infile.ps [ outfile.epi ] (DOS) DESCRIPTION
ps2epsi uses gs(1) to process a PostScript(tm) file and generate as output a new file which conforms to Adobe's Encapsulated PostScript Interchange (EPSI) format. EPSI is a special form of encapsulated PostScript (EPS) which adds to the beginning of the file in the form of PostScript comments a bitmapped version of the final displayed page. Programs which understand EPSI (usually word processors or DTP pro- grams) can use this bitmap to give a preview version on screen of the PostScript. The displayed quality is often not very good (e.g., low resolution, no colours), but the final printed version uses the real PostScript, and thus has the normal PostScript quality. USAGE
On Unix systems invoke ps2epsi like this: ps2epsi infile.ps [ outfile.epsi ] where "infile.ps" is the input file and "outfile.epsi" is the resulting EPSI file. If the output filename is omitted, it is generated from the input filename. When a standard extension (".ps", ".cps", ".eps" or ".epsf") is used, it is replaced with the output extension ".epsi". On DOS systems the command is: ps2epsi infile.ps outfile.epi where "infile.ps" is the original PostScript file, and "outfile.epi" is the name of the output file. LIMITATIONS
Not every PostScript file can be encapsulated successfully, because there are restrictions on what PostScript constructs a correct encapsu- lated file may contain. ps2epsi does a little extra work to try to help encapsulation, and it automatically calculates the bounding box required for all encapsulated PostScript files, so most of the time it does a pretty good job. There are certain to be cases, however, where the encapsulation does not work because of the content of the original PostScript file. COMPATIBILITY
The Framemaker DTP system is one application which understands EPSI files, and ps2epsi has been tested on a number of PostScript diagrams from a variety of sources, using Framemaker 3.0 on a Sun workstation. Framemaker on other platforms should be able to use these files, although I have not been able to test this. FILES
ps2epsi Unix shell script ps2epsi.bat DOS batch file ps2epsi.ps the Ghostscript program which does the work SEE ALSO
gs (1) VERSION
This document was last revised for Ghostscript version 8.70. However, the content may be obsolete, or inconsistent with ps2epsi.txt. AUTHOR
George Cameron 8.70 31 July 2009 PS2EPSI(1)