Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Corrupted files from Windows to Unix Sco Post 27187 by RTM on Wednesday 28th of August 2002 12:14:05 PM
Old 08-28-2002
Auswipe was asking if these files are actual executables for UNIX - if they are Windows executables, they won't work. What does the cd disc contain?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Networking a SCO Unix box with a windows lan

Hi there! We have a SCO UNIX box that uses a bunch of dumb terminals. We also have a workgroup of 5 stations Is there a way that we can network the UNIX box to the workgroup for dumb terminal.. A novice would think you could TCP the UNIX machine through a hub and use hypertermal as a dumb... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: huilai
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configure SCO Unix to print on windows base XP printer

Hi, I have done this year ago, and now I need to do it again, but did not remember how I do it. I have a slip printer on a windows xp workstation and i need to print from SCO unix application to that printer. I try to create a remote printer but the only option available is unix, the other to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: comsiconsa
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP from SCO UNIX to Windows XP PC

I am trying to start an FTP session from my UNIX PC to a PC running XP. I aim to run a cron to manipulate remote files on the Windows M/C. I cannot connect to the Windows M/C when i start rthe FTP session on the UNIX box. I can do it fine the other way round. I have set entries in /etc/hosts... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: farmacy
2 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Unix Sco Open Server, Windows Computers Problem Access Unix Shared Files Help!!!!!

Hello Moto I hope someone can help We's here at work, have a unix box with sco openserver 5 on it, so it has a nice gui interface.. and also a fair few windows computers.. a system admin guy b4 me, has set up a user called neil, which can, when u try to access the unix box using windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggo
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

Sco Unix 4.3 Windows Connectivity

I have a client who is operating a SCO UNIX 4.3 server with Informix 4.12. My problem is that I need to get hold of the data using a Windows PC. Where the hell do I start? :confused: Thanks Richard. rgray@euriskotechnology.com (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: euriskotech
3 Replies

6. SCO

Cannot type properly in telnet window (windows Xp & SCO Unix)

Hello friends, I am using telnet from windows xp to connect to SCO Unix. Since i am used to telnet environment given by linux from windows, this one is annoying. The cursor movements has no boundary, causing me to type control characters accidentally, which makes it difficult to navigate,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
1 Replies

7. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script to Copy files from one Windows server to another Windows server.

Can anybody please help me on how to code for the below requirement: I need to write a shell script (on different unix server) to copy files from multiple folders (ex. BRN-000001) from one windows server (\\boldls-mwe-dev4)to a different windows server(\\rrwin-ewhd04.ecomad.int). This shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravsJaya
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command to copy files from Windows to UNIX box

Hi Folks, I have a file name abc.xml in my windows machine at the location c:\ytr\abc.xml which I want to place at the unix box machine inside cde directory.. at the following location that is /opt/app/cde/ now the credentials of unix box are abc345 -->(dummyid) ftyiu88--->(dummy passwd) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
4 Replies
MACUTIL(1)						      General Commands Manual							MACUTIL(1)

NAME
macutil - A package that deals with MacIntosh files on a Unix system DESCRIPTION
macutil is a package that contains a number of utilities that deal with MacIntosh files on a Unix system. It contains the following pro- grams: binhex Convert files to BinHex 4.0 compatible hexified form. frommac Receives files from the MacIntosh on the Unix system. hexbin Convert hexified files to their MacIntosh format. macsave Save a series of files from a MacBinary stream as individual files. macstream Combine a series of files to a MacBinary stream. macunpack Unpack a MacIntosh archive into its constituents. tomac Transmits files from the Unix system to a MacIntosh. BUGS
This manual page is hopelessly incomplete! SEE ALSO
binhex(1), frommac(1), hexbin(1), macsave(1), macstream(1), macunpack(1), tomac(1) AUTHOR
Dik T. Winter, CWI, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (dik@cwi.nl) 3rd Berkeley Distribution October 22, 1992 MACUTIL(1)