Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting current directory as part of the csh prompt Post 27118 by inquirer on Tuesday 27th of August 2002 10:26:37 PM
Old 08-27-2002
this thread may give you some assistance

Try this one ...

https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?threadid=6977

Thanks,
Smilie
inquirer

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting current work directory in Command Prompt

How to get the current working directory as part of the command prompt? Every time I chage the folder, my command prompt path shoud change. I am using Korn Shell. Any help is greatly appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MeganP
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files in current directory when 100,000's files in current directory

Hi All I was wondering what is the most efficient way to find files in the current directory(that may contain 100,000's files), that meets a certain specified file type and of a certain age. I have experimented with the find command in unix but it also searches all sub directories. I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kewong007
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Current working directory in prompt

Can someone tell me how do i set my current working directory in my prompt? Note: I dont want to use env variable PWD and using `pwd` gives me only my home directoy. suggest a different way ? I use /bin/sh thanks!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yesmani
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh/csh: set prompt in production to color red

Hi folks This is our prompt at the moment oracle@pinkipinki:/opt/oracle> grep 'set prompt' .cshrc set prompt = "$user@`uname -n`:$cwd> " We wish to have in production the same prompt, but red. Howto do that? I tried a lot a internet manuals, but it doesn't work. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Displaying the current working directory in prompt

Hi, I want that the prompt that is being displayed (i.e $ sign) should display always the current directory I am working in instead of that $ sign example: as we use PS1=patric and the prompt changes from $ to patric OR if we write the command PS1=`pwd` it will display the current... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: premjotsingh
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I show my "current" directory as the KSH prompt?

Hi All, This is an embarrassingly simple question and couldn't think of "keywords" to search for the answer, but how do I change my UNIX/KSH prompt to show the machine name and my "current" but not "full" directory? For example: if the machine name is "machine" and I'm currently in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatguy
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

Unable to Set Prompt to current working DIR

HPUX does not recognise \h,\w,\u to display the hostname,working directory and username respectively. So how do i set the PS1 variable to display my current working Directory as my prompt? I also tried PS1=$PWD, But it keeps showing the same directory path as prompt which PWD was holding at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Kulkarni
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display current time in the prompt

Hello All, I would like to display the current time in prompt. I tried using following command: export PS1="$(date +%k:%M:%S) $ " but it gave me a fixed time in prompt whereas my objective is to get the current time everytime. $ export PS1="$(date +%k:%M:%S) $ " 17:42:42 $ 17:42:42 $... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishdivs
32 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in C shell (csh) prompt setting containing the '$' char

Hi, I am trying to customize the command prompt of the C shell as follows: set prompt=" " The above one works fine but when I try to add a '$' (dollar) symbol into the string as set prompt=" " I am getting the error as: Illegal variable name However, this one set prompt = "-- %T %n %~ --... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the prompt in CSH

Need assistance in changing prompt . Trying to change prompt in csh,tcsh shell . Below are the commands i tried in .cshrc and sourcing this files. set prompt = "$user@`uname -n` : ${cwd}> " #above commands works for username and hostname but cwd doesnt change directories set... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
16 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)