Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Changing Machine IP address
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Changing Machine IP address Post 26931 by i2admin on Monday 26th of August 2002 10:51:47 AM
Old 08-26-2002
MySQL

u can use the 'set_parms initial' for HP unix

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing IP address

Hi, I am going to shift my Unix workstation to another lab. So I need to change the IP address. Please tell me how to change the Network IP address, what is the commands, what to take care? Thank you very much and have a very nice day. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: champion
4 Replies

2. Programming

How to get IP Address of machine?

Is there any API call to get IP Address of a machine? I know there is function which returns name of the machine, gethostname(). But I need the IP. Thanks & Regards, Ahsan (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ahsan
7 Replies

3. AIX

Changing the IP Address

I need to change the IP address on one of your Unix machines - P630, AIX5.2. I plan on using SMIT to perform this function. These are the steps that I have put together so far: 1. Select Communications Applications & Services - Select TCP/IP - Select Minimun Configuration & Startup... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Changing the ip address

Help me save my Unix box. I've had this Unix box (Enterprise 450) for about 7 years now. It was being used as a file server for a Macintosh Prepress department. All of our networking was done through Helios Etharshare. I am still currently up and online (however the location has changed). Our ip... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ubed
1 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Changing IP address

Hi ,,, i just come across this forum and i make it a must to be pay a visit here everyday and through it am learning a lots of things which am sure i will be able to share later... So i have a prob with my pc when i try to change my Ip address in the dos command using ipconfig command i got a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lutchumaya
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Changing the machine name

I work on a UNIX HP 10.20 system that recently crashed. I am new with UNIX but I pick things up quick. The system I work on consists of two computers with the same basic hardware config. I have been having trouble loading the program software it uses, NOT the UNIX software, so I used the a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gizmoking
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

IP address of machine

Hi i want to know the Ip address of the machine from where i logged into the unix server and made some changes to a file. Can I know the last changes made to a unix file ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harneet2004us
3 Replies

8. AIX

changing ip address

Hi, I am using aix 5300-07, I am facing strange issue in aix. I have changed the ip address and gateway of aix server , it is showing the right ip address but it is taking old gateway ip address. I have used netstat -r command and found it is showing 2 Default gateway. I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

Changing IP address

My work has a Unix based system that currently has the IP address 192.9.2.25 We recently changed internet providers from DSL to Cable. By doing so, we had to get a new router (Belkin) since the DSL provider had a wireless router/modem in one. With the DSL setup, I was able to change the router's... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Len351
2 Replies

10. Programming

I.p address of machine

i m writing a program which finds the i.p address of the machine. but it just prints out the first three character of the ifconfig output but i want to just print my i.p address lik 10.0.0.222 which is in second line after inet addr: code : #include<iostream> #include<cstdlib> using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: console
1 Replies
INET_PTON(3)								 1							      INET_PTON(3)

inet_pton - Converts a human readable IP address to its packed in_addr representation

SYNOPSIS
string inet_pton (string $address) DESCRIPTION
This function converts a human readable IPv4 or IPv6 address (if PHP was built with IPv6 support enabled) into an address family appropri- ate 32bit or 128bit binary structure. PARAMETERS
o $address - A human readable IPv4 or IPv6 address. RETURN VALUES
Returns the in_addr representation of the given $address, or FALSE if a syntactically invalid $address is given (for example, an IPv4 address without dots or an IPv6 address without colons). EXAMPLES
Example #1 inet_pton(3) Example <?php $in_addr = inet_pton('127.0.0.1'); $in6_addr = inet_pton('::1'); ?> CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | This function is now available on Windows plat- | | | forms. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ip2long(3), long2ip(3), inet_ntop(3). PHP Documentation Group INET_PTON(3)