Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: exit codes
Top Forums Programming exit codes Post 2690 by Neo on Wednesday 30th of May 2001 01:04:33 PM
Old 05-30-2001
For UNIX systems call, these are normally in the header files.

Try places like /usr/include and similar directories. Search (grep, egrep) for what you are seeking. That is the way I do it Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I find a list of exit codes? (Exit code 64)

I'm receiving an exit code 64 in our batch scheduler (BMC product control-m) executing a PERL script on UX-HP. Can you tell me where I can find a list of exit codes and their meaning. I'm assuming the exit code is from the Unix operating system not PERL. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Catching all Exit Codes

I have a Unix Script that has several exit in the middle. each returning seperate exit codes. I have to catch all the exit's and perform an operation say "Mail the status code" before the actual code completes. How can i do this in KSH ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami J
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Explanation for the exit codes 2

Hi, Can anyone give me the explanation for the exit codes 1 and 2 returned from Korn shell. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sesedada
1 Replies

4. Tips and Tutorials

Solaris Patch exit codes

The most common Solaris exit codes you will see is 2 or 8, but have you ever had a different exit code and wondered what it means ? Well you need not wonder no more... Patch Exit Codes ---------------- 0 No error 1 Usage error 2 Attempt to apply a patch that's already... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tornado
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit codes in SFTP

HI All, I have created a unix script which takes 2 parameters and using sftp tranfers files to remote location following is the script #!/bin/ksh # # # Parameter 1 is the complete path of the destination server # Parameter 2 is the complete path of the file which is to be FTP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikramsnest
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference b/t the exit codes $* and $@

I know that the exit codes in scripting "$*" will returns all the parameters/arguments passwd to the script. But I also know that "$@" will also returns the same. What is the difference between those two ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit Codes

Good Morning All.. I was wondering about getting exit codes of a command in a shell script. I'm trying to run uvscan (McAfee command line scanner) and I want to have the log file say why, if at all, the process failed/exited. Something to the extent of If ; then echo "This is why it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmschube
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SCP Exit Codes

Hello, I need to ensure that SCP does not leave any partially transmitted files on the remote server due to transmission errors. Can it be assumed that: 1) if SCP returns a success with Exit Code == 0, a complete local file has been copied in its entirety to the remote location? 2)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogersed
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

exit codes from rexec?

how do i/is there a way to return the exit code from the remote host? echo $? from the local host only gives 0, if the rexec command itself executes successfully. But what if in the case of the remote command failiing? echo $? on the localhost still gives 0, but I'm interested in the exit code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: diego_sapphire
4 Replies

10. Linux

Exit codes

I am trying to run this SH on Linux and getting error at IF condition. I want to read the EXIT code and send the failure or success message. Please help me on this. This worked when i was running on Solaris. #!/bin/bash $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus abc/xyz@qwe @/home/test.sql if ;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlmadhav
4 Replies
perl(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   perl(1)

NAME
perl - Practical Extraction and Report Language DESCRIPTION
The perl software is unsupported software that is provided as part of Tru64 UNIX. Compaq will fix problems in this unsupported software only if they are specific to Tru64 UNIX. Compaq will not fix problems that are integral to the software itself or that occur when the com- ponent is used on UNIX systems other than Tru64 UNIX. Compaq will not add functionality to this software. Except for this reference page, other reference pages that Tru64 UNIX supplies for perl are passed through without changes. The reference pages distributed as part of this software are available in the directories /usr/share/doclib/annex/man/man[1-9]. You should use this directory stem in the man command or add it to the MANPATH environment variable to make these files available to the man command. Note Compaq is not responsible for the content or quality of reference pages and other documents installed under the /usr/share/doclib/annex directory and does not revise this material in response to customer problem reports. Reference pages installed under the /usr/share/doclib/annex/man directory are not available from Compaq in book form; for example, they are not included in the reference manu- als that you receive when you order the Tru64 UNIX documentation set as hard copy books. Problems related to the content or quality of any documentation installed in the /usr/share/doclib/annex directory tree should be sent to the developers of the documentation. The format for changing the search path with the man command is: man -P /usr/share/doclib/annex/man [section] title... If you are using the Bourne, Korn, or POSIX shells, use the following command sequence to modify your environment: MANPATH=$MAN- PATH:/usr/share/doclib/annex/man export MANPATH If you are using the C shell, enter the command: setenv MANPATH `echo $MANPATH`:/usr/share/doclib/annex/man See the reference pages for the man(1) command for additional information on the search path used to locate files. The reference pages associated with this product are not included in the whatis data base created by the catman command. Therefore, the man -k and apropos commands will not locate reference pages included with this product. SEE ALSO
Commands: apropos(1), catman(8), man(1) perl(1)