Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Configuration
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Configuration Post 26829 by LivinFree on Friday 23rd of August 2002 09:07:03 PM
Old 08-23-2002
Being that I've worked with Seagate Info (the automation of reporting for Crystal Reports), I can say that it should not crush the "entire" server.

You may want to rework the query - it's taking too long not because the server can't handle it, but because the SQL query is slow or not using the proper indexes.

Also, if you have 100 distributions of each report, rather than running the same query for each report, you can run a query out to disk, then run the report against the disk file... Works much better.

I'm not familiar with the exact product that you're using, but there could be many generic reasons, such as the above, that could cause this.

Also, are the reports being run on the Unix box, or does that just house the database?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

X configuration

HEllo, I try to Launch OOO, but I have X configuration problem. I 'm searching in man pages but if someone can help me... Of course I set the DISPLAY as explain in the man page but with no more result: setenv DISPLAY myws:0 Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SoulCoder
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

DHCP configuration

Hi, I'm just wanna configure dhcp server using redhat enterprise 4.0 as. can anyone help me on this, on setting using two NICs. Thankx. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johan_sysv
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

configuration

how to configure servor dns on windows servor 2003 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: djest
0 Replies

4. Linux

configuration

hello, I don't know how to configure servor dns on linux,please help I thanck YOU (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djest
1 Replies

5. AIX

Need help on IP Configuration

I have an RS/6000 running AIX 5.3. I would like to get either dhcp client working or assigning it an ip would be fine as well. I have tried using smit to do it many times trying different things, and I can get an ip assigned but it doesn't communicate with the network or internet. I haven't been... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: izzzy
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alliases Configuration!!

Hi all This is my /etc/alliases configuration...in that i configure whenever i send mail form root The receivers want to receive from the mail id 07anis@gmail.com but it not works...is there any mistake iam doing?? Please Guide me to resolve this issue.. With Regards Anish Kumar.V (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
1 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Sendmail Configuration

Hi, We have a standalone Solaris 10 Server (no DNS is configured) from which we want email alerts to be triggered when there is any breaches in the disk utilization threshold levels. we would like to achieve this mailing through sendmail. Can any one explain the procedure to do so..??? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Openldap configuration

I m using Intel solaris 10 version . I m trying to install openldap and used several documents and package versions . But every time I got CC PATH error and while I solved the CC issue , I got Barkley DB error . :wall: Is there any perticular site from where I can install and configure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjee
1 Replies

9. AIX

SNMP v3 configuration

Can someone help setting up snmpv3? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dunman22
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail configuration.

Hi All, I need to configure mail functionality which enable us to send mail to outside company network. I just came to know that we have to configure outbound mail host/relaying mail in sendmail.cf file. Can someone suggest me on what to change in sendmail.cf, what information is required... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ace_friends22
0 Replies
INGRES_PREPARE(3)							 1							 INGRES_PREPARE(3)

ingres_prepare - Prepare a query for later execution

SYNOPSIS
mixed ingres_prepare (resource $link, string $query) DESCRIPTION
Prepares a query for execution by ingres_execute(3). The query becomes part of the currently open transaction. If there is no open transaction, ingres_query(3) opens a new transaction. To close the transaction, you can call either ingres_commit(3) to commit the changes made to the database or ingres_rollback(3) to cancel these changes. When the script ends, any open transaction is rolled back (by calling ingres_rollback(3)). You can also use ingres_autocom- mit(3) before opening a new transaction to have every SQL query immediately committed. Note Related Configurations See also the ingres.describe, ingres.scrollable and ingres.utf8 directives in Runtime Configuration. PARAMETERS
o $link - The connection link identifier o $query - A valid SQL query (see the Ingres SQL reference guide) in the Ingres documentation. See the query parameter in ingres_query(3) for a list of SQL statements which cannot be executed using ingres_prepare(3) RETURN VALUES
ingres_prepare(3) returns a query result identifier that is used with ingres_execute(3) to execute the query. To see if an error occurred, use ingres_errno(3), ingres_error(3), or ingres_errsqlstate(3). SEE ALSO
ingres_unbuffered_query(3), ingres_fetch_array(3), ingres_fetch_assoc(3), ingres_fetch_object(3), ingres_fetch_row(3), ingres_commit(3), ingres_rollback(3), ingres_autocommit(3), ingres_set_environment(3), ingres_errno(3), ingres_error(3). PHP Documentation Group INGRES_PREPARE(3)