Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Network question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Network question Post 26713 by Leigh Stone on Thursday 22nd of August 2002 01:30:02 PM
Old 08-22-2002
I can't say I've ever seen a hub that supports FDX. Just opt for a switch or 2 depending on testing you are performing. (Note that not all switches will support VLAN routing...managed switches will have this functionality, but do check specification). Most switches will auto sense the speed and duplex settings.

One other point is that I have seen issues with auto-negotiate set on Solaris hosts when connected to Cisco switches that are also set to auto-negotiate...the whole thing just gets confused. I have found it is thus best practice to hard set your hosts to 100 FDX if you know it is available.

Leigh

Last edited by Leigh Stone; 08-22-2002 at 02:39 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

question about accepr() in network programming

I'm working on my homework to write a chatroom program. Different users can be on-line at the same and talk to each other. I found that each time I invoked the accept function. A new socket was created. I don't how can I receive message from the client who is already on-line and send it to others.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: niukun
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris Network question

I have a machine that has developed a strange network problem. Anytime it sends an FTP file somewherwe, no problem. When it is the target machine, extremely slow. I checked the /var/adm/messages file and found a few of these: SUNW,hme0 : No response from Ethernet network : Link down -- cable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network noobie question

This is my first attempt in installing a netbsd ever. I'm trying to get myself familiar with some commands and how things work in unix and so far i never knew its this fun. Anyway, unix is our elective here in school and school is gonna start 2 weeks. I'm just trying to get a headstart on this :D... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3rr0r_3rr0r
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

network set up question

1) how do i know my NIC speed if its 10//100??? 2)how do i setup by NIC to full duplex 3) any help on setting up etherchannel for NIC failover (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 Network Question

I am new to Solaris and have been searching around for this answer and I think I figured it out but I wanted to run it by you folks. I was trying to figure out if the network on this Solaris 10 machine was set up for 100 Full Duplex. I think from this output that it is 100 full duplex, am I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotbuff
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multi-network question

Hi, I have a linux machine connected to 2 networks, with devices eth0 and eth1. When I give the command host whatever, how do I now which network is searched for the DNS's ? Is there a default ethernet device for network related commands ? How do I change it ? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mik
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

network question

Hi here is my question; any help would be appreciated The Linux system pokey has two Ethernet cards. The first Ethernet card is connected to a companywide TCP/IP network covering the addresses 87.65.43.xx, where pokey's address is 87.65.43.21. The second Ethernet interface is connected to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scofiled83
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

Network question

Folks; I have 2 SUSE servers similar in all configuration & both on the same network (192.168.151.10 & 192.168.151.11) with the same default gateway of 192.168.151.1 and the same netmask of 255.255.255.0 and the same firewall configuration the first one works fine and i can ssh to it & i can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
3 Replies

9. Linux

(ASK) Question about linux network...

hi all, im linux nubie n want to ask, 1. how to access the windows pc? if from windows to windows, we can use : start-run-\\192.168.1.1\e$ now, how about from linux (fedora) n want to access to windows drive? if I use ssh from linux to windows, ssh 192.168.6.171 ssh: connect... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: busoh.sensen
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redhat - network question

Hi, I am on Redhat 5. on the /etc/sysconfig/network file I don't see GATEWAY as one line. I also checked /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0. I don't see GATEWAY. But on the server. But when I do netstat -rn. I see many address. Is there some other settings ? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies
IBPRINTSWITCH(8)						OpenIB Diagnostics						  IBPRINTSWITCH(8)

NAME
ibprintswitch.pl - print either the switch specified or a list of switches from the ibnetdiscover output SYNOPSIS
ibprintswitch.pl [-R -l -C <ca_name> -P <ca_port>] [<switch_guid|switch_name>] DESCRIPTION
Faster than greping/viewing with an editor the output of ibnetdiscover, ibprintswitch.pl will parse out and print either the switch infor- mation for the switch specified or a list of all the switches found in the subnet. In addition, it will crudely parse on the node descrip- tion information and if found report all the information for an entire chasis if the description information is consistent. Finally, ibprintswitch.pl will also reuse the cached ibnetdiscover output from some of the other diag tools which makes it a bit faster than running ibnetdiscover from scratch. OPTIONS
-l List the switches (simply a wrapper for ibswitches). -R Recalculate the ibnetdiscover information, ie do not use the cached information. This option is slower but should be used if the diag tools have not been used for some time or if there are other reasons to believe that the fabric has changed. -C <ca_name> use the specified ca_name for the search. -P <ca_port> use the specified ca_port for the search. AUTHORS
Ira Weiny <weiny2@llnl.gov> Hal Rosenstock <halr@voltaire.com> OpenIB May 31, 2007 IBPRINTSWITCH(8)