Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: frecover
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers frecover Post 267 by PxT on Friday 17th of November 2000 11:06:40 PM
Old 11-18-2000
You can find just about any man page by searching google.com for '<I>command</I> man'.

frecover man page is here: http://www.devresource.hp.com/STK/ma...ecover_1m.html

It is an HP-UX specific command.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

frecover

I have machine (HP-UX) 11.x and I took backup using fbackup (took 4 DDS tapes) then i did restore using frecover . the restore failed on the 4th tape . and the process killed . Can I restore only the 4th tape. or I have to do full recover from biginning ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salhoub
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

frecover on HP 11.11

Hi, Can someone please explain how I can check whether my files were backed-up to tape. I issued this command and got an error:- # frecover -I /tmp/mth -f /dev/rmt/5m frecover(2105): did not find expected file marker frecover(5409): unable to read volume header frecover(5418): not an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gummysweets
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP fbackup/frecover to SUN UNIX format?

Hi All, We have about 7 years worth of data which used the HP fbackup utility. Is there any utility to read these tapes on Solaris? The goal is to create new tapes using Legato. Do we need to download them to a box first using frecover, then copy them from SUN using Legato? Any help in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinakumar
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

frecover command need help urgent please

Hi, I have a tape fbackup done (fbackup -f /dev/rmt/0m -i / -I index.fullfbackup) and I need to restore 3 filesystems, I would like to know the correct command and options: example: I want to restore the filesystem /data1 under /data1 and /data2 under another filesystem /datatest I tried... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

frecover problem

I had to do a recovery and restore from backup (using ignite & backups from fbackup job) on hpux 10.20. Problem is, all users (except root) receive error 'unknown user' when logging in (during script that checks quotas). They can still successfully log in to the system. However, the files... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrviking
9 Replies

6. Red Hat

frecover counterpart on linux

Hello All, The frecover command on HP UX gives information about the backed up file in the format- Magic Field: Machine Identification: System Identification:HP-UX Release Identification:B.11.11 Node Identification: User Identification: Record Size: Time: Media Use:0 Volume Number:1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shamik
1 Replies
MAILDIRKW(1)						      Double Precision, Inc.						      MAILDIRKW(1)

NAME
maildirkw - set maildir message keywords SYNOPSIS
maildirkw [-c] [-l] [-a] [-r] {maildir} {message} [keyword...] maildirkw [-c] {-L} {maildir} DESCRIPTION
maildirkw modifies the Courier IMAP server compatible maildir message keywords. This command allows an easy way to set or clear custom IMAP keywords associated with a particular message. maildir is the pathname to a maildir, or a maildir folder. The -L option lists all messages in the maildir, and their associated keywords. message specified which message's keywords should be set. One or more keywords specifies a list of keywords to be set for this message. The specified list of keywords replaces any keywords presently set for the message, unless the -a or the -r option is specified. The -a option adds the keyword to existing keywords that are set for message. The -r removes keywords from message, leaving any remaining keywords set in place. The -l should be used if the Courier IMAP server's configuration file has the IMAP_USELOCKS option set. -l enables a compatible locking mechanism to update the message's keywords. -c enables case-sensitive keywords. IMAP keywords are normally case insensitive. -c needs to be used if the SMAP1[1] protocol extension is used, which uses case sensitive keywords. SEE ALSO
maildiracl(1)[2], maildirmake(1)[3]. AUTHOR
Sam Varshavchik Author NOTES
1. SMAP1 http://www.courier-mta.org/cone/smap1.html 2. maildiracl(1) [set $man.base.url.for.relative.links]/maildiracl.html 3. maildirmake(1) [set $man.base.url.for.relative.links]/maildirmake.html Courier Mail Server 08/31/2011 MAILDIRKW(1)