Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to check if a unix text file is being accessed? Post 26612 by rickylui on Wednesday 21st of August 2002 10:18:50 AM
Old 08-21-2002
Bug

Thanks to all,
Rickylui.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list file which is accessed yesterday

how can I use 'ls' to list file which is accessed yesterday? Thx :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron_fong
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i check if text file is closed ?

Hello all im trying to make daemon that listen for incoming textiles and then it will move them to defined directory now the daemon part is ok but im stack on how to check of file is close and done copied to directory . so i could process it and move it forward tnx (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to know which login file is being accessed

when unix is logged in it access some login file depending on the shell like .cshrc , .login , .vimrc , .bashrc how can we know which is being access in a perticular unix flavor. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: useless79
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we get the list of users who accessed a file

Hi all, I will thankful if anybody helps me in finding out the users who accessed any of our files. Thanks in advance Chanakya (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chanakya.m
2 Replies

5. AIX

File Accessed Alarm ??

Hey, I want to ask a simple Question.... How would I be able to come to know that files/directoires in a Parent directory has been accessed (means contents of the file has been just viewed) by the user(s) in a group ? and mail the name(s) of those files/directories which has been accessed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varungupta
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Accessed Alarm ??

Hey, I want to ask a simple Question.... How would I be able to come to know that files/directoires in a Parent directory has been accessed (means contents of the file has been just viewed) by the user(s) in a group ? and mail the name(s) of those files/directories which has been accessed... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if file is being accessed by any application

Hello, is there maybe a way to check if a specific file is being accessed at the moment? Example: You will start copying a 10 GB file from A to B, how could I code it so my script actually knows when file B is finished copying? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TehOne
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check EOF char in Unix. OR To check file has been received completely from a remote system

Advance Thanks. (1) I would like to know any unix/Linux command to check EOF char in a file. (2) Or Any way I can check a file has been reached completely at machine B from machine A. Note that machine A ftp/scp the file to machine B at unknown time. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexalex1
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find out last 5 users who have accessed a file?

Hi All, is there any command or script to find out last five users who have accessed a file thanks jcpratap (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File shows in ls but cannot be accessed

I can do an ls -l CD* and see the following CDTEST userA RW RW R and I an logged on as userA. But if I do an ls -l the file does not appear. If I do a vi CDTEST it tries to create a new file named CDTEST. If I do a mv or rm I get the message no file of name CDTEST found. Any idea what is going on.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LeeT
3 Replies
manipulate(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   manipulate(3pm)

NAME
OpaL::manipulate - Perl extension for manipulating files. SYNOPSIS
use OpaL::manipulate qw(functions); No functions or variables are exported automaticly so you have to specify them here. DESCRIPTION
OpaL::manipulate is a module for manipulating files. All functions are autoloaded so they will not be loaded into memory if you have not used them before. FUNCTIONS
perlmodifyadvanced It simply applies the script to the file to change its content. You also have to apply a message to tell what you are doing mostly for debugging and if any error occures. The error level tells how critical this action is to the script. USAGE: "perlmodifyadvanced"("file", "script", "message", errorlevel); The errorlevel is optional. perlmodify It simply fixes some stuff in the script string and then calls perlmodifyadvanced. USAGE: "perlmodify"("file", "script", "message", errorlevel); The errorlevel is optional. perlmodify_insertafter This function searches for something (regular expression). It if is found it inserts the text after it. But it will never insert the text twice. You also have to apply a message to tell what you are doing mostly for debugging and if any error occures. The error level tells how critical this action is to the script. USAGE: "perlmodify_insertafter"("file", "find", "text", "message", errorlevel); The errorlevel is optional. AUTHOR
Ola Lundqvist <ola@inguza.com> REQUIRES
OpaL::action, OpaL::read. SEE ALSO
OpaL::action OpaL::read perl(1) perl v5.10.1 2009-04-21 manipulate(3pm)