Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cannot adjust division
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Cannot adjust division Post 26484 by jav_v on Monday 19th of August 2002 06:57:17 PM
Old 08-19-2002
Error Cannot adjust division

I have a doubt with an error message, and i want to be sure if this is a normal situation or not.

Situation: I was formating and installing a SCSI 36Gb HD with UNIX SCO 5.05, the problem happens when is making the division and filesystem on disk 1, and the message error is "Exit value 139 Status Value -29952"
"Fatal error in diskinfo.c line 3525"
"Function DIAdJust Division: Cannot adjust division to fit in the usable space: Disk0"

[IGNORE] [RETURN TO IQM]

My questions are: What is the recomended size of the divisions that i have to make?, The problem is the size of the HardDisk? or Maybe this HardDisk is not supported by UNIX SCO 5.05

example: this are the divisions that i made
DISK 1
boot -- 50 mb
swap -- 1Gb
root -- 1Gb
/u -- 22Gb
/u2 -- 10Gb

DISK 2
/a -- 20Gb
/a2 -- 14Gb

The error mesage appears in both disks

Any comment about this problem itīs gonna be very useful for us,
thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adjust the db script

Enclosing a script that is used everyday for database shutdown. In here you will find some code that checks oracle version. That part is very unnecessary since we use only 8.1.7 and will never go back.. Can anyone help me by modifying the code, to never use that part and readjust so script does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ST2000
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

adjust files

hi... i have a big problem, and i don't know how to solve it. here is the thing: i have 12 files, which are flat files, with several records(lines), and each record has 3 fields, wich are separated by pipe (|), something like this: file 1: 33|12|2000 33|22|3000 66|24|3000 99|48|4000... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adjust format file

Hi all... i have a question, and i don`t know what to do ... i have a flat file what is separated by ";" and i need format it... here is an example: this is what i have: AAA ; BBB ; 1 ; 1.1 ; 1.2 ; 1.3 ; 2 ; 2.1 ; 2.2 ; 2.3 ; 3 ; 3.1 ; 3.2 ; 3.3 ; ....... ......... there are a lot of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to adjust spacing

Is there a way to adjust spacing of a line using k shell? e.g I have a file below $ cat file1 AAA BBB CCC A B C AAAA BB CC I want each word to be adjusted with spaces to have 10 character length like below: AAA BBB CCC A B C AAAA BB CC Any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
4 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Adjust X & Y screen axis

I'm using my wife's Macbook, and I just noticed that her screen is off axis, but I can't find a way to adjust it. I've tried playing around with resolution in preferences, but nothing. Maybe a terminal command for adjusting the x and y values of the screen? Any and all suggestions welcomed :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andou
2 Replies

6. AIX

Adjust disk scheduling priority for a process?

Hi all! Some dumb administrator run the weekly backup "by hand" on our AIX 5.3 server, which we use to deploy Websphere applications, during work hours. Using the server while the backup is taking place is almost imposible. Both the disks are working at 100% and it's almost unusable. Asking the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shandrio
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to adjust network settings

Hello, Newbie question on scripting - I'm looking to create a simple script that will work on RHEL5 that will adjust the network settings: ip address, default gateway, and subnet mask. If anything else needs to be done (service network stop / start) or should be done to make settings active - I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rojizo
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to adjust system time

Hello everyone, I am trying to write a script that will accomplish the following: - query current system time and store result into a variable - wait for some amount of time, say 300 seconds - reset system time to earlier queried time + 1 second I did some basic shell scripting (CSH... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: xaiu
11 Replies

9. Solaris

can't adjust time : not owner

Hi experts, I m new to solaris. I am getting following errror in /var/adm/messages file on one of the solaris 10 zones - xntpd: Can't set time of day: Not owner xntpd daemon is online. Any help on this ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunadmin
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to seperate text and adjust format like this?

in example.txt file is below ADD PDU:SRN=0,PDUID=LOCAL,NAME="PDU_0",PSV=LOW,MOG="PUBLIC",REFERABLE=YES; ADD PDU:SRN=2,PDUID=LOCAL,NAME="PDU_1",PSV=LOW,MOG="PUBLIC",REFERABLE=YES; ADD MODULE:MID=84,MT=DSU,SRN1=0,SN1=4,MNAME="DSU84"; ADD MODULE:MID=85,MT=DSU,SRN1=0,SN1=4,MNAME="DSU85"; How to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swensens
2 Replies
RESIZE_REISERFS(8)					      System Manager's Manual						RESIZE_REISERFS(8)

NAME
resize_reiserfs - resizer tool for the ReiserFS filesystem SYNOPSIS
resize_reiserfs [ -s [+|-]size[K|M|G] ] [ -j dev ] [ -fqv ] device DESCRIPTION
The resize_reiserfs tool resizes an unmounted reiserfs file system. It enlarges or shrinks an reiserfs file system located on a device so that it will have size bytes or size=old_size +(-) size bytes if the + or - prefix is used. If the -s option is not specified, the filesystem will be resized to fill the given device. The size parameter may have one of the optional modifiers K, M, G, which means the size parameter is given in kilo-, mega-, gigabytes respectively. The resize_reiserfs program does not manipulate the size of the device. If you wish to enlarge a filesystem, you must make sure you expand the underlying device first. This can be done using cfdisk(8) for partitions, by deleting the partition and recreating it with a larger size (assuming there is free space after the partition in question). Make sure you re-create it with the same starting disk cylinder as before! Otherwise, the resize operation will certainly not work, and you may lose your entire filesystem. The resize_reiserfs program allows to grow a reiserfs on-line if there is a free space on block device. If you wish to shrink a reiserfs partition, first use resize_reiserfs to shrink the file system. You may then use cfdisk(8) to shrink the device. When shrinking the size of the device, make sure you do not make it smaller than the reduced size of the reiserfs filesystem. OPTIONS
-s [+|-]size Set the new size in bytes. -j dev Set the journal device name. -f Force, do not perform checks. -q Do not print anything but error messages. -v Turn on extra progress status messages (default). RETURN VALUES
0 Resizing successful. -1 Resizing not successful. EXAMPLES
The following example shows how to test resize_reiserfs. Suppose 2Gb reiserfs filesystem is created on the device /dev/hda8 and is mounted on /mnt. For shrinking the device we need to unmount it first, then run resize_reiserfs with a size parameter (in this case -1Gb): df umount /mnt resize_reiserfs -s -1G /dev/hda8 mount /dev/hda8 /mnt df /mnt AUTHOR
This version of resize_reiserfs has been written by Alexander Zarochentcev <zam@namesys.com>. BUGS
Please report bugs to the ReiserFS developers <reiserfs-dev@namesys.com>, providing as much information as possible--your hardware, kernel, patches, settings, all printed messages; check the syslog file for any related information. SEE ALSO
cfdisk(8), reiserfsck(8), debugreiserfs(8) Reiserfsprogs-3.6.21 January 2009 RESIZE_REISERFS(8)