Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to add a timestamp to a filename? Post 2637 by Optimus_P on Friday 25th of May 2001 12:47:41 PM
Old 05-25-2001
ok i just wasnt sure if there was another command that did that.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

add timestamp to filename

Does anyone know how to add a timestamp to a file's name extension in a shell script? Please help.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: walterja
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get a filename modified by attaching modified timestamp

Hi, I want to modify a filename in AIX by attaching the last modified timestamp. I want the timestamp completely in numerical format (eg:200905081210. yr-2009, mnth - 05, date -08, hr - 12, mins - 10). For example if the filename is a.log and it was modified on April 6th 2008 at 21.00. I... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ruks
16 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timestamp in the filename

Hi i want to replace the previous time stamp with the current timsatp at the start of the file like 20090710_113354_FT0710a.txt this one to 20091111__113354_FT0710a.txt thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reddy482
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract timestamp from the filename?

Hi., My file name is of the format: name_abc_20100531_142528.txt where., my timestamp is of the format: yyyymmdd_hhmmss How to extract the date strring and time string into seperate variables in the shell script, after reading the file as the input? I want to get the variables... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: av_vinay
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove timestamp from multiple filename

could you pls help me out in PERL i have a requirement like a.dat.<timestamp> b.dat.<timestamp> c.dat.<timestamp> can you pls help me to rename/remove timestamp a.dat b.dat c.dat Is there any way to remove timestamp alone Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaas
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract date from filename and set timestamp

I have lots of files in this format: dvgrab-2003.06.29_15-30-24.mpg The numbers represents the date and time (YYYY.MM.DD_HH-MM-SS) How can I extract the dates from the filenames, and use the dates in the file timestamp? I guess this can be done by using "find", "sed" and "touch"? Can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwerty1234
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get filename with size and timestamp

Hi, Below is a directory containing links new2,list,new1. I need to get the size and timestamp for them. How do i get these details. Please help lrwxrwxrwx 1 xxx abc 11 Nov 24 17:34 new2 -> ./org1/new2 lrwxrwxrwx 1 xxx abc 11 Nov 24 17:34 list -> ./org2/list lrwxrwxrwx 1 xxx abc 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradebban
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filename timestamp

Hi Gurus, I have different files with different timestamp and different base file name, I have to group those files based on basename and provide a unique file name for similar file names. My Directory has following files. abc_filename_20130623:00:09:00.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user_linux
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sort the timestamp in the filename in shell script?

originally the shellscript #ln_file_name=`echo $ld_interface_date"_"${8}".csv"` #ln_file_name=`echo 201202011527_HL_HLTM1_B04A.csv` ln_file_name="*"`echo ${7}".csv"` get_file_list_1=$log_path"tm1_file_list.gfl1" cd ${source_path} echo "Try to find any file exist in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: feilhk
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i make my cron/script to generate a log filename with timestamp in it ?

Hello Friends, I would like my script to display date timestamps in the file name for every script execution. Below is the scenario: (just for testing purpose) I scheduled a cron job, lets say it runs every 5 min and record/logs output in to a log file. 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 *... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies
FILEATIME(3)								 1							      FILEATIME(3)

fileatime - Gets last access time of file

SYNOPSIS
int fileatime (string $filename) DESCRIPTION
Gets the last access time of the given file. PARAMETERS
o $filename - Path to the file. RETURN VALUES
Returns the time the file was last accessed, or FALSE on failure. The time is returned as a Unix timestamp. EXAMPLES
Example #1 fileatime(3) example <?php // outputs e.g. somefile.txt was last accessed: December 29 2002 22:16:23. $filename = 'somefile.txt'; if (file_exists($filename)) { echo "$filename was last accessed: " . date("F d Y H:i:s.", fileatime($filename)); } ?> ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS Upon failure, an E_WARNING is emitted. NOTES
Note The atime of a file is supposed to change whenever the data blocks of a file are being read. This can be costly performance-wise when an application regularly accesses a very large number of files or directories. Some Unix filesystems can be mounted with atime updates disabled to increase the performance of such applications; USENET news spools are a common example. On such filesystems this function will be useless. Note Note that time resolution may differ from one file system to another. Note The results of this function are cached. See clearstatcache(3) for more details. Tip As of PHP 5.0.0, this function can also be used with some URL wrappers. Refer to "Supported Protocols and Wrappers" to determine which wrappers support stat(3) family of functionality. SEE ALSO
filemtime(3), fileinode(3), date(3). PHP Documentation Group FILEATIME(3)